96-00 civic most wanted?

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t send some of those guys my way, I have a stock EBP EM1 I wouldnt mind selling.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
rofl....makes u paranoid...invest in a $300,000 security system thats interlinked with your brain.....now that would be awesome

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^or just spend 500 on a 2 way pager alarm, put it on vibrate, and then tape it to your head.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ominous G2 said:
s**t send some of those guys my way, I have a stock EBP EM1 I wouldnt mind selling.
If you want to deal with a dealer, you can contact Duncan Honda @ 800-518-5953 they are in Christiansburg VA. I'm not sure what kind of deal they can give you, I doubt anything good since it is the dealer. I didn't persue it any cause I'm not selling unless they give me fair trade for one of the new si's =)

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:
Just take the "DOHC VTEC" stickers off the side of your car and make it an EX, if you have a sunroof it wouldn't make to much sense to anyone if you had a DX, I would take a second look at your car which is what most people who know about Honda's would do.
the problem there is if they know anything about honda, even with the rebadging my car is the EBP SI. So unless they think I repainted an EX it still going to look suspicious. I like the $300,000 alarm system embeded in my skull idea. Any got a write up on that one ;)

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have and em1.... stock... and you want to sell it??

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got somebody thats ready to give me $8300 for my Si with 120k.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I get alot of offers also in NY. So far in the past two months while getting gas at the pump I have been offered str8t cash for my civic. Nothing I was looking for so I turned them down. I have also been uneasy cause I get alot of stares and comments. Since the craz I have installed a shift lock and cut off switch and a alarm system with a clutch club lock.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
imeonic said:
im glad i have a 98
Funny how people tell peopel with '96-'98s to do an "Si conversion". :P Now.. my Milano Red '98 coupe... in an area known for theives... Yeah, I think I want my car to look like it's an Si. :lol:

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No one is interested in my car :lol: when it sits in the garage covered up with no wheels or motor on it. Although that is going to change in a few weeks since I have all the parts to make it a car again. I am going to hire a midget to stand gaurd with my car at all times with a tazer (sp?) >`

DarkFox

5+ Year Member
i seen dealers selling honda civics now at unreasonable prices. one was selling a 98 civic sedan for $8500 and another down the street was selling a 96 sedan for $9800. my household doesnt have a garage so i park my car in the backyard that has a wooden fence and that cant see it unless they jump to look over it. plus my neighborhood is nothing but middle age and old couples, so no worries here.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea i drive an automatic too, but its clean and i just got a link showing me that Honda Civic is the #3 most stolen car in Wilmington, NC where i go to school...and my car sits parked in the open...in a place known as "Rape Lot" because it's so far away from everything else...wonderful

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the same problems exists up here in the northwest also. Over the past 3 months almost all civics, including mine have been broken into. Luckily they couldn't steal mine because of the fuel pump kill switch and the seat belt kill switch (car won't start unless you have the seat belt plugged in). The best thing i can reccomend is to break those plastic clips on the front window to make the thief think that your car has already been broken into. Trust me, it works.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
stolibears said:
I just had a honda dealership call me today wanting to know if I wanted to trade in my car. She said they are really desperate for the 99-00 civic models.

the poor salesman.... he's doing what are called cold calls.
they're usually punishment from the management....

you call up old leads or such and tell them how badly you want their car as a trade in.....

notice they arent saying they want to purchase your car..

it's just a sales gimmic to get people to buy cars.....

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ah! that explains all. funny thing is I never tried to buy a car from them, just get it serviced there cause one of the mechanics there is A+. she must be have done something really bad to piss off the manager to have to go through their service records and start calling people up.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, we get cards on our cars all the time...
weird, never thought about it like that until my girls car got stolen yesterday..
chris

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
stolibears said:
ah! that explains all. funny thing is I never tried to buy a car from them, just get it serviced there cause one of the mechanics there is A+. she must be have done something really bad to piss off the manager to have to go through their service records and start calling people up.

most of the service records are shared with the sales staff as potential leads for new car purchases

the manager usually doenst have someone do the calls unless they screwed up somewhere.