96-00 civic most wanted?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Same thing happened to me, the honda dealer called my house and asked if I wanted to sell me 2000 si, they said if I traded it in they would sell me a brand new 06 si for around 10k or something...it was tempting but I said no

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I might have to frequent my honda dealership now and see if I get calls for offers haha

MugenShox

Banned
Slick_99 said:
I think its one of the most sought after civics becuase of the double wishbone suspension and the fact they are, IMO, one of the best looking Civics Honda has ever made.
word, i was lucky to find mine, it was a one owner and he just happened to be selling it when we drove by. only way ur gonna find it is private owners (more than likely). i have had a couple of offers in AL...

** HOLD ON TO UR 6th GENS **

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
06 Si for an additional 10k???

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are hatchbacks included in this "hold on to your 6th gen" movement?

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jersey8 said:
are hatchbacks included in this "hold on to your 6th gen" movement?
I would say yes. I saw a 99 DX hatch with 60K miles in the paper going for $9500. I was like "good god". :shock:

edit:

and it was stock.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
anyone think they'll go for more down the road? or do you they're peaking right now?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolibears said:
I would say yes. I saw a 99 DX hatch with 60K miles in the paper going for $9500. I was like "good god". :shock:

edit:

and it was stock.
s**t thats redic. idk i havent been looking at civic prices in my area lately but i bought my stock 97 hatch with 66k miles for only $3,000. and that was 2 years ago. idk maybe the demand wasnt so high back then.

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
Yea i drive an automatic too, but its clean and i just got a link showing me that Honda Civic is the #3 most stolen car in Wilmington, NC where i go to school...and my car sits parked in the open...in a place known as "Rape Lot" because it's so far away from everything else...wonderful
Damn that sucks. I was in Wilmington last weekend. Fun town. Does the salt air damage your car any? The girl I bought my Civic from went to school there but I don't think she had it at the time.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xposigroovex said:
Damn that sucks. I was in Wilmington last weekend. Fun town. Does the salt air damage your car any? The girl I bought my Civic from went to school there but I don't think she had it at the time.
Yes, salt air will damage a car. The moisture in the air is bad enough (though nearly all areas in the US have that) but salt is just horrid to have on a car. I always used to try to wash mine after being near the beach even. Don't forget to spray down heavy underneath the car.

Bfreeman

Its Slow.
5+ Year Member
ha my intercooler is hidden the GD BOV gives it away i had one guy in a V6 stang tell me all my vacum lines jsut blew off and my motor was fixing to blow up he herd my tial blow off... loser

99siguy

5+ Year Member
Damn i want to sell my 99si... that would be sweet if someone offered me 10k for it. It has a complete RSX front end conversion, clean title, one owner, and 80k miles. :P i would pay it off, and buy a beater! <-- don't have to worry about someone stealing a POS... but the SI gotta always wonder... is it still outside?

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've only had one person ask me to sell my car to them. not much love for the EX, but they get stolen around here... not very often though.

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok, I was off on that last post about the hatch for sale where I am, it has 20K miles instead of 60K, but still...

from today's paper

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
xposigroovex said:
Nah not too much salt in the air around the school, it's close to the beach, but it's still about a 10 min drive in light traffic, so not too much damage salt-wise.

And I repeat my previous question, do you think they are peaking now and I should sell and upgrade? or should I hold onto it longer? i think so many people are taken with the 8th gen that the price of the 6th gen will peak soon so i wanna get a nice return on a purchase kinda type thing maybe errr yea.

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
And I repeat my previous question, do you think they are peaking now and I should sell and upgrade? or should I hold onto it longer? i think so many people are taken with the 8th gen that the price of the 6th gen will peak soon so i wanna get a nice return on a purchase kinda type thing maybe errr yea.
That really has to do with where you live. I keep tabs from time to time on what kbb.com rates my car at and for the last 2 years, the price hasn't really changed much and I really don't think it will change that much more in the next year, even with the introduction of the new civics. The only competition I think you would have is used 7th gen civics comming down in price. As far as looks though, 6th gens look better then 7th gen IMO.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Talk to $lick Rick about KBB prices.... I think he said they're a load of bull.