96-00 civic most wanted?

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just had a honda dealership call me today wanting to know if I wanted to trade in my car. She said they are really desperate for the 99-00 civic models. My car has been getting alot attention lately too. Makes me uneasy about it. My wife drove my car to the grocery store and and older guy came up to her and asked if she wanted to sell it.

I also had some guy leave his card on my windshield, not the first time it's happened either.

I've never had this much attention with my car since I bought it in 00. I guess it's a good thing if I want to sell, but at the same time, it makes me kind of paranoid.

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
humm must be where you live.Up here they could careless

tweeker-steve00

Ding-Ding
5+ Year Member
i guess alot of people dont like the style of the new civics, and they still want one so the 6th gen becomes really popular. i know the feelin though mine looks nowhere near as clean as yours and i still get paranoid sometimes.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6th gens are in demand, go to the junker and you'll find few 99-00's, I went looking for a window regulator once and found ONE 98 Honda Civic in VSM. Since then, I haven't found one since. My dad told me to keep the car, its worth something now and should be worth something later. I think its one of the most sought after civics becuase of the double wishbone suspension and the fact they are, IMO, one of the best looking Civics Honda has ever made.

xenoicity

Honda Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:
I think its one of the most sought after civics becuase of the double wishbone suspension and the fact they are, IMO, one of the best looking Civics Honda has ever made.
x2

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep 6th gen FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Coudln't find an SI anywheres when I was looking. I was lucky to find a dx, hot aronud here too

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Harder to find... Integras!

SI are hard to find in general though, mostly because there arent as many of them.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Definately 'Tegs are harder to find. That's what I was looking for before I changed my search to an Si

well automatics aren't hard to find, but who wants one of those!?

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the 6th gen Si's are in pretty high demand. good thing I have a EX.. not many looks thrown at me thankfully

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
Definately 'Tegs are harder to find. That's what I was looking for before I changed my search to an Si

well automatics aren't hard to find, but who wants one of those!?
I wouldnt drive a teg anyways... it seems like every week i hear about someone getting theirs stolen or tampered with.. arent they on the top of the list of most stolen cars?

and yeah, ive had people ask me if i wanted to sell mine.. gas prices are getting really nasty..

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm trying to find a EM1 for my little bro...hard to find them in stock form with decent mileage....becarefull where you park and go with your ride bro...i try to be as carefull as possible...i'm from socal so cars get jacked left and right here....

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bmoua said:
i'm trying to find a EM1 for my little bro...hard to find them in stock form with decent mileage....becarefull where you park and go with your ride bro...i try to be as carefull as possible...i'm from socal so cars get jacked left and right here....
yeah, I keep hearing it's bad in socal. I keep reading stories online of people leaving their wips just in a mall parking lot, go shopping and when they come back it's all gone in broad daylight.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stolibears said:
yeah, I keep hearing it's bad in socal. I keep reading stories online of people leaving their wips just in a mall parking lot, go shopping and when they come back it's all gone in broad daylight.
yep...especially malls...when ever i go to the mall or watch a movie i never bring my car..haha...always drive the ladies car...

orfus5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id rebadge my si, to a dx so id feel a little safer......

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
orfus5 said:
id rebadge my si, to a dx so id feel a little safer......
Just take the "DOHC VTEC" stickers off the side of your car and make it an EX, if you have a sunroof it wouldn't make to much sense to anyone if you had a DX, I would take a second look at your car which is what most people who know about Honda's would do.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those "most people" are usually the ones who want to steal cars...

LBR eM1

in search of boost...
5+ Year Member
i took the sticker off the sides and have no badges because it doesn't have a b16 but an b18b1. but then there is the rear disc brakes.. that kinda give it away... also the front mount intercooler... :roll: