96-00 greddy turbo for ex's

turboferio

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and don't tell me how much i spent i know... if you like b series that much great i deal with peeps like u on a daily bases u don't believe me thats fine... its my car my motor and i'm sorry i just like d series engines... to me that have alot of potencial. i'm not talkin bad about b series or saying i'm the fastest guy in the world.. its just alot of my friends and i have turbo singles and we are all in the 12's. b series are great its just i can't afford one and even if i could i wouldn't get one

turboferio

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
all that work to the bottom end plus the turbo kit did not cost 2500-3 grand like a b series swap does. for the cost of all that stuff, you could have a b18c or b16 with a good turbo kit. on the stock bottom end, you can run about 8-9 psi with really good tuning, which is gonna net you about 300-320 whp. i have dyno charts if you want. has your engine ever been dynoed? also what type of fuel management are you using? and unless your making over 300 whp with that setup, which i can almost guarantee your not (not an insult to you, but from my experience) , a bseries swap plus turbo at 8 psi will outrun yours at 15. and seanjohn, if you were running 15 psi and could put that power to the ground, you would eat the d for lunch.
my car has been dyno'd in at 276 whp at 12lbs of boost. i'm running a chipped p28. and i know for a fact that a stock b16 with turbo is not gonna hit 300hp to the wheels. plz send me dyno charts plz do. and u say a b series swap will beat me with 8 lbs... what is it a gsr motor in a crx with turbo... f**k yeah its gonna beat me. be more specific... ok i will end this ok... d series is what i like i'm not trying to argue. i know what i have done i know what i run. thats all that matters to me. if u don't believe me that fine.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree that the d-series does have a lot of potential... and the engines are like... a penny a dozen lol

turboferio

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats all i'm sayin honda motors in general are excellent. lets just put it this way any honda motor can be fast its just user preference on what motor to use.

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turboferio i understand the way you went and respect that, but i just prefer to get either the b18 or b16. BTW what kinda times did you say you run?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok here ya go, spark racings turbo kit here

on a 95 b18c with 440 cc injectors and a hondata, FULLY STOCK INTERNALS @ 8 psi

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your driving a 6th gen sedan, so pretty much whatever car you put that turbo gsr in, weight isnt gonna be to your advantage. and simple physics, a similar weight car with 305 whp will be faster than one with 276 whp. im not sayin your car isnt fast, cus im sure it is, but by no means is the d series a better motor, nor is it cheaper to make high hp with.

turboferio

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well for me its just i feel if u can make a d series motor fast i think its more of a respect factor just because it is a smaller motor. i have a disadvantage off the bat. and that is kinda my driving force just to beat bigger engine cars. but "i" don't think that b series motor is better than the d series, or vice versa .... honda motors in general are good. fastest time to date is a 13.1 @ 12lbs

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by turboferio
well for me its just i feel if u can make a d series motor fast i think its more of a respect factor just because it is a smaller motor.
:werd:

thats why i was going to go NA on my b16.. respect , for that reason, try to hit 13's on street tires all motor, but people keep tellin me go turbo... we all know what fawkin turbo will do... but iono.. im just savin up for now

turboferio

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude who cares what peeps say ... u know do waht u want ... and if u want it bad enough u can get it. like me i wanted turbo just ot have turbo not for speed or whatever but then i blew my motor so i had to rebuild it.... i never wanted to be a super fast race car but i hit 13's and my goal is accomplished

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
just thought i'd update you guys on this. greddy has finally released the 96-00 ex turbo kit for the d16y8. i have only seen it on one site: options. anyway, one of the guys on turbod16.com is an options distributor and can get good prices.

here is a the link to the options page with the 96-00 greddy kit: http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=TP-11550050

you may notice that it comes with the TD04HT19T turbo.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Greddy kit looks nice, but I'd rather save for the Edelbrock kit. ;)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
with the edelbrock kit, for 3 grand u get pretty much everything u need. plus it's a ball-bearing snail

CooLCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say Greddy Turbo Japan over Edlebrock kit USA its ben arround for longer time its not so compleat but Greddy Turbo kit is reliable +u dont need the interculer with such low psi rating ,only if your planing on upgrading the compression of the engine where u can go up to 13 psi 6 more there for a interculer comes in handy

jamyam

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FMAX turbo kit

Has anyone has or have any opinions on the FMAX turbo kit for the D series? turbokits.com for specs. It seems like an awesome kit.

I have been yearning for a turbo for my '96 EX and FINALLY a kit has come out by Greddy....what are the HP increases for that kit?...better yet, does anyone have a list of the increase in HP for the different types of kits out there?

Thanks!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
this is what SleeperCivicEx99 from turbod16 has to say about the new greddy kit:

the 19T is just larger than the 15G and makes about 10 more whp at the same boost level. It has the same efficiency range as the 15G (tops out around 14-15psi). The charge piping should fit a LOT better and they supply an extension for the primary O2 sensor to relocate the sensor to the bung under the turbo.

Okay, I can get this kit for $1875 + shipping. I don't have an advertised price, so nobody will beat it. I think retail is about $2500 and Options lists it for $2079.
from what i've read, it maxes out at 15psi (1bar) like the 92-95 greddy kit

theJDMone

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I asked GReddy the same question, except my answer was a little different. They said the turbo itself boasts 63 horespower and with the intercooler, it boasts an extra 15 ponies.