96 civic crankshaft postion sensor

Cobl18

Registered VIP
you have to buy a new distributor, its an easy job but a pain because you have to pay 200 plus dollars for a new dizzy just because a 20 dollar sensor went out. I had to do this TWICE. do you know how to replace the dizzy properly? BTW if you get one with a lifetime warranty you wont ever have to buy a new one if it breaks again =)

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well online they are around 120 alot better than what autozone wants but I can't belive you can't bust change the sensor
you said code was P1337, correct? i took your word for it being the crankshaft position sensor (should have checked it out) when i said it was in the distributor - actually code P1337 is for the crankshaft speed fluctuation (CKF) sensor and not the crankshaft position sensor - the crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor is located behind the crank pulley on the driver's end of the engine

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no problem - something in the back of my mind was telling me P1337 wasn't the cylinder position sensor, so i looked it up - hard to keep all of the codes straight

VigLink badge