96 Civic Si Door Lock Replacement

darkghost220

Hey everybody,

I just recently bought a 96 Civic Si and the interior door handle is cracked and snapped. The door lock barely works from the inside. My first question is that is there any other aftermarket interior door handles that would work that don't break so easily? Second question is are there any more secure/reliable door locks that would also fit this car? The areas my work is located in are in bad neighborhoods, so I'd like to protect my ride at all cost. Looking for any upgrade to the locks system

CO671

Registered VIP
96-98 SI's were only released in Canada... Judging by your location you live in the states am I correct? Meaning you either have a:
DX - HX - EX

Best to stick to OEM and purchase one from the dealer, online dealers, or secondhand from a pick and pull or part out.
However, if aftermarket is what you're looking for here's what's listed on RockAuto

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's a cheap fix nothing someone with a bit of knowledge can't handle.

darkghost220

Hey guys, I do appreciate all the help and recommendations, and yes you are talking to a straight noob. I mean I got the car at a deal so its not like I was paying a premium price for an SI and got ripped off. My guess is that the 2nd previous owner changed the dash kit for an SI, because there is SI emblems on them

darkghost220

Thats what I meant, sorry I couldn't come up with the exact name for that. Once again I do apologize for being completely new to this.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just recently bought a 96 Civic Si and the interior door handle is cracked and snapped. The door lock barely works from the inside. My first question is that is there any other aftermarket interior door handles that would work that don't break so easily? Second question is are there any more secure/reliable door locks that would also fit this car?
Just find another handle and lock from any other 6th gen Civic. You say you have a '96 Civic Si, are you from Canada?

Looking for any upgrade to the locks system
A secure garage, or don't drive a Honda.

96-98 SI's were only released in Canada...
Because there is no "Ex" model in Canada and the Canadian market EM1 is badged as a SIR.