'96 Civic wheel issue

monroyfm808

A car recently hit me and pushed in the top of my rear passenger wheel. The only thing I noticed was that the upper arm was bent. So I bought a new one and put it in. But the wheel still looks slanted. Any suggestions? uploadfromtaptalk1461138023266.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461138155835.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461138167877.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1461138183783.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
OUCH!! Hard to tell in the pics how far off the camber is. And is the car fully off the jack? You may be able to just have an alignment done but hard to tell from pics.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with Joe. The pictures arent enough to tell much else. Take it to get aligned at a reputable shop, but let them know what happened first. Are you sure nothing else isnt bent or dented?

monroyfm808

Yeah thats all the way off the jack and I haven't noticed any thing els bent.. do you think it could be the wheel bearing also. .. I just don't want to drive it and have the wheel fall off.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Yeah thats all the way off the jack and I haven't noticed any thing els bent.. do you think it could be the wheel bearing also. .. I just don't want to drive it and have the wheel fall off.

wheel isn't going to fall off. The part you replaced was the camber adjustor. So like everyone said, to go a reputable shop and ask them to look around for you, or just get an alignment and see if the problem is solved.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
wheel isn't going to fall off. The part you replaced was the camber adjustor. So like everyone said, to go a reputable shop and ask them to look around for you, or just get an alignment and see if the problem is solved.
There is no camber adjustment on the rear. At least with the factory type upper links. Toe is adjustable up by the front of the trailing arm. If he gets an alignment done and camber is way off then that would lead me to believe there's something else bent from the impact.

Drive the car, straight to an alignment shop.