'96 D16Y7 swap in to a 92 1.5 Civic Dx. Will my ecu work?

toflyabove

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought the engine today for 2 bills. The seller said my ecu would work with it, is that true? Can I use my present intake on the 96 engine? Thanx! 8)

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first question..."2 bills" is that 200 (i really hope so, I wouldn't pay any more than that for a d16y7)

Yes the ECU will work, as for the intake... My advice to you is to take off your old intake manifold and t/b from your old motor(if you still have it) and put that on the d16y7 cause the intake manifold from the d16y7 is the biggest GARAGE honda has EVER made...if you do that, then yes...you will be able to keep your intake...if not, you will have to "modify" it...and even still it might be a lil retarded because the t/b from the d16y7 aims upward so the intake might hit your hood...hope i helped... :D

toflyabove

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, that was 200 bucks, with the 5sp tranny to.
that was a big help. I've been waiting for a response so I could do the swap. Thanks much!

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so do you still have the old motor???

toflyabove

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep, still in the car, pulling it on Tuesday. You know someone who would like it?

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where are you from??? if ur anywhere near me (miami,fl) i'll take it...If ur not too far i'll go pick it up :D

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm...can you do me a favor and find out how much shipping would be...if it's not too much i might do it...thanks :D