Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
00siboy...........................

you are absolutely right my friend.......when i work i just focus and do my job...but on my time off its like i really have nothing to do here.................. everywhere you look is just sand and sun it so anoying i cant wait to see an american tree and some grass ............ nothing of interest to me here except seeing rare cars that most people see as POS cars....................... thats how i ended in this sitiuation in the first place.....i would spend countless time on youtube on my time off and came across child's hatch then started reading his post and decided to try n find my self one and start a build.....just so happened that i found one and red at that

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're lucky to have a girl that knows her s**t about cars/Honda's, I wish mine did. Are you just looking for bbs reps or other rims?
yeah i actually met her in a park then endded up racing her first girl to want to actually got to the street races with me and work on the cars.....long story short we have had about 50 hondas together been together 5 years are married and have a 3 year old son

and now starting our " nice builds"

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From your suggested mod list, i'd keep the apexi ws2 exhaust instead of getting a buddy club spec 2. The buddy club is good and all, but it's insanely loud. It's a true track bred exhaust. Also, i'd invest in a better header than a Chikara. There are replica headers out there with better designs and flow. Hell, even an JDM ITR header would do pretty well.

There are tons of new wheels coming out similar specs to what i've had on my hatch so you'll have a bunch of choices especially in the low end replica wheel range. Enkei, Stance, Konig, Rota, and a bunch of others are making lower offset 8" wide and up wheels for you to choose from.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From your suggested mod list, i'd keep the apexi ws2 exhaust instead of getting a buddy club spec 2. The buddy club is good and all, but it's insanely loud. It's a true track bred exhaust. Also, i'd invest in a better header than a Chikara. There are replica headers out there with better designs and flow. Hell, even an JDM ITR header would do pretty well.

There are tons of new wheels coming out similar specs to what i've had on my hatch so you'll have a bunch of choices especially in the low end replica wheel range. Enkei, Stance, Konig, Rota, and a bunch of others are making lower offset 8" wide and up wheels for you to choose from.
thanks for the info man.... love your work.....i was going with the chikara becasue they were free.....lol......my cousin has a stock k 98 hatch and he keeps telling me to boost the rebuilt motor i just dont want to buy a expensive turbo kit and not do the ouside how i want for this summer.....also not doing a ebay setup.....been there done that........

as for the wheels im going to keep looking i really like the enkei 92's.......i was debating on wether i should just get some wheel spacers and rock the hx wheels after a good polish...what do you think....

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No u need something besides hx wheels...

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you were into getting bbs reps look into ESM 002. Thats my next wheel purchase

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Those Enkei92s are nice, just don't get them in gold. That's what I'm getting ;)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the info man.... love your work.....i was going with the chikara becasue they were free.....lol......my cousin has a stock k 98 hatch and he keeps telling me to boost the rebuilt motor i just dont want to buy a expensive turbo kit and not do the ouside how i want for this summer.....also not doing a ebay setup.....been there done that........

as for the wheels im going to keep looking i really like the enkei 92's.......i was debating on wether i should just get some wheel spacers and rock the hx wheels after a good polish...what do you think....
Thanks for the good words. Since you like the 92's, stick to your guns and just get those. The more you look around, the more you'll question making a purchase and possibly stray from what you truly wanted.

Definitely do not run the super skinny hx wheels with spacers. You wouldn't like it anyway lol. It would be like a four Wheeler with Moped wheels at the outer edge.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah so i just finished skyping my wife and the whole owning a house conversation came up....and honestly i think its time im 25 married and have a 3 year old boy so she says it would be a good idea to start saving and i totally agree with her so im seting my self a budget of $2500 for the things i want to do when i get home.....do you think thats a resonable budget to do the following

SIR FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS
PAINT.....maaco.....either bumper color matched or just do the respray of the whole car...they did my wifes integra for 400
SIR OEM FRONT LIP
XXR 531
STRECHED TIRES?
FUNTION FORM COIL OVER SYSTEM
SHORT SHIFTER

And by the way CHILD i think im going to take your advice on the exhaust situation ........if im going to save money definatly dont need to be paying tickets for noise violations

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why dont you like the ep3 seats?
i really dont know im just not into changing seats in civics unless it would be for a decent looking seat like gsr front and rear leathers from the 94-00 or a aftermarket setup like childs but it would have to be just the drivers seat at that.......and the ep3 seats just really dont do it for me im just going to change them as soon as i get home my cousin told me he will give me a intake cause he is going turbo with his ls-v setup

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those sir bumpers may be the only thing to put you over your budget unless you find them from an individual seller and not a company.

And that seat trade is such a ripoff. People would pay good money for ep3's. More than a carbon intake, even if it was an original J's racing version

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those sir bumpers may be the only thing to put you over your budget unless you find them from an individual seller and not a company.

And that seat trade is such a ripoff. People would pay good money for ep3's. More than a carbon intake, even if it was an original J's racing version
yeah i know but me and my cousin are mad tight and we go back in forth with parts all the time wether he gains or i do........i found a place in springfield mass thats called ats motorports they have the bumpers pretty cheap they are like 15 to 20 minutes from my house i think im going to just do a one stop shop once i get back and if i cant pick up what i want from them then i will just work with what i got

http://www.onlyats.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLp9IkT7LI

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey CHILD so i just finished your thread took me about a month and 7 days because of my work schedule......lol........congradulatios on the baby......and i cant beleive you dont have the hatch anymore....lol......when i got to that part i felt like i was reading some sort of drama story and someone died...lol.....so good luck with the family and ........lets see what happens next with the black one

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha yeah, my car history is full of random tragic endings.... semi spoon'd rsx-s / rear ended and totalled, jdm b16a tucked bay ej2 coupe / stolen, ek hatch / rear ended by new teen driver..........no telling what'll happen next lol. Although I figure my 7 seven years of bad luck should be over by now lol

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha yeah, my car history is full of random tragic endings.... semi spoon'd rsx-s / rear ended and totalled, jdm b16a tucked bay ej2 coupe / stolen, ek hatch / rear ended by new teen driver..........no telling what'll happen next lol. Although I figure my 7 seven years of bad luck should be over by now lol
Yeah i wish i new about these forums when i first started ive had many cars....slow and fast......i just hoped back in the honda game left for a year.....got my self a IS300 but found out really quickly that the nicer the car is the more it cost to do repairs.......i did a brake stand in it until the tranny and head gasket blew right before my deployment just for hahas them bought myself a 98 accord 4 door auto just so the wife wouldnt have to drive the integra or a slammed is300 for this winter...................................also please post some pictures of your trip to jdm heaven....lmao