96 Hatchback looking for ideas for Stereo!

tekmill

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i have a 96 hatchback, and i have everything factory installed in there, but i just installed a SONY CDX-MP30 CD Player in it, i wanna know what recommendations you guys have for an audio system! any replies would be helpful! thanks

-tekmill

nbj1485

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my recommendation would be to get a new hu...but thats just me...

if u are happy with ur hu, then get some new speakers up front and power them with a 2 channel amp, while powering the stock rears with the hu (the rears are just used for fill). sound in ur car is supposed to be coming in front of u like a concert (coming from in front)...if u amp the rears, the "sound stage" may be pulled to the rear and it would ruin the original artists intentions.

if u love precise music with not much headaches, id get a single 12in sub and an amp to power it. it should do u very good if u dont want to blow ur head off but just want nice, full sound.

if u are willing to take this a step further and want me to recommend specific brands, just say the word and in my next post, ill tell u wat i would recommend and would get personally.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say get a component system to replace the front doors, and replace the stock rear speakers with better quality aftermarkets, and power them all off the same......say 400? watt amp(depending on speaker brand/power, and on amp brand/power that u choose)...this way your mids and highs will not take away from each other (as mentioned by nbj1485) too much. the components r going to be LOUD and HIGH anyways. it will just greatly enhance the clarity and sound. then for the sub i'd recommend probably 2 12"s, 10"s or one large 15"? in a ported box if you want louder, hard hitting bass. put em in a sealed box if you'd rather have cleaner sounding, but a lil bit softer/lighter bass.

you'll prolly need a new dry cell battery to replace your stock one, cuz of all the amps draining your power. and DON'T get a capacitor, they suck ass. only ever get 1 if you have a lowly amplified stereo.

oh yeh, and i also recommend a better head unit too, like an alpine. :thumbs up:

and keep in mind, that i am just giving u an idea of what u should do if you plan on spending a lot of flow and putting quality shiot in yur ride. if u aren't, then don't listen to my bullshit and shenanigans. :lol: :mrgreen:

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a Pioneer DEH4300 Headunit, stock front speakers, Pioneer 3-way 220W 6x9's in the back, two 10" RF PunchZ in a normal MTX box, 400w 4 channel Jensen amp powering the 6x9's and subs. The way I have it set up, imo, sounds really damn good. I can control my sub's directly from the headunit which is a great feature that pioneer has in their headunits. After I upgrade my exhaust system, i'll be ditching the current box and 10's to a new box and either 10's or 12's of RF HE2's. Plus a new amp for the subs and then upgrading the front speakers and using the jensen amp to power those and the 6x9s

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
components in the doors dude... the only way to go. sounds GREAT. :thumbs up:

nbj1485

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

i say get a component system to replace the front doors, and replace the stock rear speakers with better quality aftermarkets, and power them all off the same......say 400? watt amp(depending on speaker brand/power, and on amp brand/power that u choose)...this way your mids and highs will not take away from each other (as mentioned by nbj1485) too much. the components r going to be LOUD and HIGH anyways. it will just greatly enhance the clarity and sound. then for the sub i'd recommend probably 2 12"s, 10"s or one large 15"? in a ported box if you want louder, hard hitting bass. put em in a sealed box if you'd rather have cleaner sounding, but a lil bit softer/lighter bass.

you'll prolly need a new dry cell battery to replace your stock one, cuz of all the amps draining your power. and DON'T get a capacitor, they suck ass. only ever get 1 if you have a lowly amplified stereo.

oh yeh, and i also recommend a better head unit too, like an alpine. :thumbs up:

and keep in mind, that i am just giving u an idea of what u should do if you plan on spending a lot of flow and putting quality shiot in yur ride. if u aren't, then don't listen to my bullshit and shenanigans. :lol: :mrgreen:
i agree but i didnt kno wat model civic he had, so i didnt kno if it came with stock tweeter locations...if it has tweeter locations, id get components

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you should do something like this...

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, that girl has a tight setup....but POLKAUDIO sponsors her...so yea.... :twisted: :thumbs up:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, yer right, a sponsorship would help....... oh well :what:

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends. how much money do you wanna spend? lets start with that first.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

depends. how much money do you wanna spend? lets start with that first.
he asked for ideas, i gave him just that..... =)

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
or maybe like this....

it could work??