96 LX Exhaust leak

jcamb

5+ Year Member
Started hearing this loud exhaust leak today.. Got under the car tonight after work and found where it was coming from.... I was wondering what anyones opinion is on fixing this? I am not a rich man.:cry: Also...here is a recent shot of my car with my friends crz..

everything about my exhaust system is still stock. 96 civic lx sedan..

gugiey

Registered VIP
your best off getting a new down pipe .

Decipher

Registered VIP
Take it to a local muffler shop and they can weld in a small section there... shouldn't cost too much. If I were you, I would use any excuse to justify buying a nice exhaust system! Especially if you've got a wife or gf who requires a reason. "babe, it's completely f***ed... can't you hear it? I have to buy a quality exhaust to avoid spending money on this over and over again."

Eh, that's only if your like me and catch hell for spending money on "unnecessary" purchases. Can't live with em, can't live without em'.

They do sell exhaust patch kits, or wraps with an epoxy/cement s**t... it's probably just a temporary fix.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
the question is why is it tearing like that, get just a b pipe at a junkyard or one of the forums, any muffler shop will over charge you to patch that up

jcamb

5+ Year Member
I got it patched at a muffler shop for 20 bucks. It's quiet again. But I kind of liked the sound so now I'm looking into buying a new exhaust. Can anyone recommend something with a nice low frequency? Something that doesn't scream like a fart can and looks good coming out of the back?