97 civic motor in 99 civic no fuel

Charles Crist

I have a 97 civic manual. Bought a 99 civic auto that's blown up. So 97 manual trans and motor going into a 99 auto. Took the motor out of the 97 with harness still on motor and put it In the 99. I put the ecu from the 97 in the 99 as well and fuel pump will not come on. Tried the 99 ecu same thing. Cant figure out why the fuel pump wont come on. Some wires are diffeent in the harness on the drivers side under the hood. I plugged in the auto shifter that was in the car and set it to park for now until I connct the wires so that' not it.

Charles Crist

Yes. Even put the ecu from the 97in it and it didn' work. Tried the auto 99 ecu with the switch in park it didn' work. The motor cranks good just no fuel pump at all. I have power at the fuel pump relay the relay is working

Charles Crist

The 97 I got everything from the motor trans and ecu ran great with just a code for a o2 sensor before the swap.

Charles Crist

I did notice some of the wires are diffeent in the plug on the drivers side under the hood almost on top of the strut tower the big plug. One has a lot more wires than the other put it plugs into fine.

Charles Crist

What if I take all the wiring the rest of the way out of the 97 and put it into the 99? So basically all I would have used is the shell of the 99 everything in the 99 would then be from the 97.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
You should use the 99 wire harnesses and the 97 ECU, along with the previously mentioned conversion harness. In the 99 wire harness, you also must replace the distributor connectors with the 97 distributor connectors.
Cause this is easier then swapping the cabin harness..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Charles Crist

Can't I just use the 99 obd2b distributor? Why would I need the 97 connector on the distributor if I Need to use the 99 harness?