5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cx or dx?
whats power like? engine and stuff

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Its a dx the same as your 96 LX, the d16y7. The cx also has the same engine, 1.6 liter non-vtec.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
poo.... well i was askin cause i found a 97 hatch 5spd dark blue 102K miles for $4900....they still haven't picked up the phone when i call about it. and i dunno if its a cx or dx...so yea...

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
That's not too bad of a price. You could by that and then get a swap for around $8000 which is still cheaper than buying an si, which you will be able to easily beat since the hatches are lighter. The color of that one is probably dark amethyst pearl (which is a purply-blue, the same as mine and position..eh's) unless its a custom paint job.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you think its a better buy than keeping mine? cause i am gonna sell mine (it's an auto)

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
it all depends what you want. i personally like the hatches better and can't stand auto, thats why i got mine. it's all up to you.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm....d16y7....damnit....

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "admin"

it all depends what you want. i personally like the hatches better and can't stand auto, thats why i got mine. it's all up to you.
well, i first got the car i have now cause i needed a car right then and that was what i found. but I do prefer a manual over auto anyday :thumbs up: is this hatch lighter than my 96 sedan?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
yes, the dx hatches are around 2253 lbs. and the lx sedans are around 2387 lbs.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood, just get that hatch and do a drop...with the left over money you get from sellin your civic now, you can use that to buy a b16a2 or or sum'n along those lines

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like hatches because they are small and light weight. plus they have rather low body roll and look damn good if is fixed up the right way

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

i like hatches because they are small and light weight. plus they have rather low body roll and look damn good if is fixed up the right way
agreed

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with all of you as well....i'm still trying to get a hold of this person, they still aren't picking up..and it was just listed in the classifieds yesterday...so, i hope the car is in good condition...

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i went to look at the car last night. It turns out that it was the purple color, i'm not too much of a big fan of that color. I want blue really bad. They guy let me drive it, it was tight, but it didn't have power steering...not cool. anyway, i'm not gonna get it i'm just gonna keep lookin.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
they don't make a blue 96-00 hatch. also alot of them don't have power steering (mind doesn't either). good luck looking :thumbs up:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one reason i wouldn't get a hatch is because they don't automatically come with a lot of things that some coupes do.