98 Civic coupe

NJcoupe

My next plan is to get low on some tein springs, my only concern is using them with oem shocks. i was browsing ebay and saw that a few sellers sell Tokico hp blues with no brad lowering springs for 370$ -^ so should i just get Tein's on oem shocks or get these ebay Tokico shock spring combo? updates will be slow no type of income atm.

i need to fix something in my oem shock its like a 12$ part but ill need to rent a spring compressor and get it aligned afterword so i was just thinking of getting some sort of low since ill have the tools and have to get it aligned after.

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
Subscribed, you basically have the same stuff going on as me, man.
:thumbup:

And I'm glad I read this thread, because I was going to have Maaco do my paint as well, and haven't gotten a quote yet. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how it comes along.

NJcoupe

Subscribed, you basically have the same stuff going on as me, man.
:thumbup:

And I'm glad I read this thread, because I was going to have Maaco do my paint as well, and haven't gotten a quote yet. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how it comes along.
Thanks man, im pleased with the actual paint job itself just that they didn't take off the plate holder pisses me off and the price i paid. i don't consider it 100% their fault, if i wanted the best paint outcome i should have stripped everything including the lights and plate holder all that stuff.

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
well yes and no. i'd be pissed if they didn't get the FULL body painted.. that's just common sense. you pay for a service, you can do nothing less than expect that service to get done the right way, the first time. they do it for a living, they should know better. raise hell son!

NJcoupe

Don"t know if anyone noticed but a while ago i edited the OP and ranted about how i regret buying the car i bought, well here are the reasons why.
1 Auto to manual conversion done
2 Check engine light (disconnected sensors) and who knows what else
3 bad motor mounts maybe an issue with the auto to manual conversion tranny mounts or something
4 it looked really bad but i was about to buy my first car so i over looked alot of stuff and wasn't thinking straight
5 i dont think Vtec is working (not 100% sure)
6 Radiator leaking
7 Needs new tires ( didnt know this when i bought it)
8 Needs alignment
9 needed paint
10 inspection expires this month and cel is on :facepalm:

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Car's are money pits. There really isn't anything you can avoid. [Well there is]

Thats what happens when we buy used. Its not like we are buying a brand new car. They will need loving. When you get done with all that you are doing you will feel proud and accomplished. All car's need something.

When i got my car everything was fine then all of a sudden my trans started making noise, i need new tires my starter is whining. We are no the only ones.

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
That's 10 reeasons too many, lol. But hey your not the first person to over look stuff when buying your first car, I did the same thing. My car certainly needs some love, but I just look at it as a learning experience.. get to know your honda andyour going to learn to love it, almost garunteed. No one who does a car build is ever going to be 100% done with it, you'll always be looking for that 1 set of rims that no one else can get their hands on or that custom fabricated skid plate made out of a stop sign for the car that is dumped and hardparkable. (Friends got it on his subie, extremely illegal on several levels, don't do it lol) anyways, there's my novel for the evening. Don't worry you'll love the honda life, its incredible.

NJcoupe

Got a sticker LOL

Also my friend paints cars for a good paint shop and hes gonna re spray my front bumper for freee :suprise:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stick with the car and fix everything that is wrong with it piece by piece ..yes you will spend money but if you do most of it yourself you will learn "ALOT"...THRUST ME IT WILL SAVE U $1000's..the knowledge u learn is more valuable then buying another car..plus the finish result will be your work..something you built with your own hands...my dads been working on cars since he was 16..no lie there is nothing he doesn't know or can find out using commonsense..i follow his steps and just started ripping my car apart and putting it back together..so glade i did.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sell it and get Clean ek hatch :lol: -
With all the money you're spending on this car, you may as well keep it. You definitely aren't going to make any money off of this thing trying to sell it.

My next plan is to get low on some tein springs, my only concern is using them with oem shocks. i was browsing ebay and saw that a few sellers sell Tokico hp blues with no brad lowering springs for 370$ -^ so should i just get Tein's on oem shocks or get these ebay Tokico shock spring combo? updates will be slow no type of income atm.

i need to fix something in my oem shock its like a 12$ part but ill need to rent a spring compressor and get it aligned afterword so i was just thinking of getting some sort of low since ill have the tools and have to get it aligned after.
Tein S.Techs will be OK on stock shocks. Tokico HPs are OE replacement shocks, so they are the same as what you have on there now anyways. Never buy no name suspension crap from eBay and beware of the fake Tein S.Techs that are sold on eBay.

NJcoupe

With all the money you're spending on this car, you may as well keep it. You definitely aren't going to make any money off of this thing trying to sell it.

Tein S.Techs will be OK on stock shocks. Tokico HPs are OE replacement shocks, so they are the same as what you have on there now anyways. Never buy no name suspension crap from eBay and beware of the fake Tein S.Techs that are sold on eBay.
Okay thanks, well it look like ill have to save my money to fix everything then sell it and lose lots of money :( but i guess it will teach me some things.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay thanks, well it look like ill have to save my money to fix everything then sell it and lose lots of money :( but i guess it will teach me some things.
why not just trade it when u fix it..taht way u don't loss money and you have a car that is close in value

NJcoupe

Finally got tires so now ill have all the si wheels on the car and the rims will all match. i will put up a pic when i get the tires and rims on the car. next plan is to get some tein s-tech springs.