98 Civic coupe

NJcoupe

[Currently on a very tight budget so this will be a very slow build, also no plans for the engine]
So i bought my first car about 3 weeks ago, its a 98 Honda civic ex coupe the guy i bought it from was on the line between rice and stock kinda. anyway it has a 2000 civic front end, egay si grill the wheels on it are supposedly koni's but i really don't know im getting rid of them.
i bought the car for 1800$ it has 150,000 miles it was an automatic converted to 5 speed the guy didnt take care of it has ghetto rigged parts it was dirty everywhere w/e. so along with the car the guy had some pretty good shape si rims so i bought those for 200$ they have just a small amount of curb rash but overall good condition the tires are bad though one of them was even blown out.

Car has i/h/e probably all cheap parts

THINGS I NEED TO FIX

Radiator leak (need new radiator)
Tons of things wrong with auto to manual trans conversion No Vtec :(
Really bad motor and or tranny mount (i have a bad feeling that its a mount problem with the manual tranny being swaped into an auto)
Front right shock is messed up
needs new tires and alignment
02 sensors cut off (and im past inspection by a few months)
missing bolt from where the headers connect to the cat Fixed
Has H.i.ds but they are terrible like you cant see s*** at night and the aftermarket headlights are terrible aswell

My plans

Get car painted - DONE

New tires and get the si rims on -

Needs Drop - looking to get tein s techs all i can afford atm

Front lip -

Fog lights - NEED SUGGESTIONS

New headlights - will probably get ebay ones and re-seal them

Better HIDS or stock bulbs

Tow hooks -

Replace Cai with Short ram -

Sell it and get Clean ek hatch :lol: -

Thats all i can think of, i dont have any plans for the motor because i just want to fix up the car and sell if after a little while.

(Sorry i'm newish to forums don't know how to format posts)

PICS

so many things wrong with the car its a huge money pit. i regret buying it alot. RANT RANT RANT lol Fml

Paint

NJcoupe

Paintjob

Got the car painted at Maaco, single stage Paint integrated clear paint. I preped it myself i only really needed to wet sand the front end because the grey part of the car is primer.

i saw an eg hatch that had just been painted and i liked the color so i got the same color sorry i don't know the paint code.

PICS

NJcoupe

Heres a video of the exhaust and how the car sound, videos were before car was painted.
The video is basically a test of The exhaust with and without the silencer.
i think its an egay catback but i don't know :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8HLtK-4CAc

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Ouch. I totally would go bltch them out about it.

Thats why Macco is sometime good and bad. Either

A. You get the good painters

B. You get the painters who half ass it, and could careless.

Might i ask how much they charged you?

NJcoupe

Ouch. I totally would go bltch them out about it.

Thats why Macco is sometime good and bad. Either

A. You get the good painters

B. You get the painters who half ass it, and could careless.

Might i ask how much they charged you?
Like 450$ for paint 100$ for body work and 50$ for a replacement door handle came to 626$ total.
i'm going to call them tomorrow i'm sure they will tell me to bring the car in and they will do it for free. i hope so at least. yeah i'm just surprised that they would be so lazy that they would take off the 2 bolts to party remove the bumper and take off the license plate holder. i have a very small amount of experience with fixing cars and it took me like 5 minutes to take off the bumper, unscrew the holder and put the plate back on without it.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, door handles are like $5 and they charged you $50? damn.

NJcoupe

i Forgot to call maaco today, ill get around to it. i think im just going to take the front bumper to them and have them respray it. other than that one mistake the paint is pretty nice.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha yeah, not terribly bad door handles are like 20$ for ebay ones.
Junkyard dude. Door handles are usually in good condition. I've gotten like 3 pairs from a junkyard haha.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah haha. I would never pay more than $10 for a pair of door handles, because they're just plastic paper weights lol.

NJcoupe

little plan i have, I have to replace something on the passenger side front shock and i will have to rent a spring compressor and get it aligned after. So i plan on getting some lowering springs and putting them on, thinking about getting skunk2's or if i can find a used set i might get those depending on the brand.

emerican

Registered VIP
If your just getting lowering springs id lower it on tein's
how low are you dropping it?

NJcoupe

If your just getting lowering springs id lower it on tein's
how low are you dropping it?
i don't really care how low it is anything is better than stock, i guess if tein's are better than skunk2 ill get those.
not sure yet though, if it happens ill post pics.