98 civic CX hatch with keyless entry

MooreEk

I’ve been trying to do research on this topic but can only find ex models. Just need to know if my car came with factory keyless entry/ alarm so that I don’t have to use the damn key so much. 2dr hatchback. Automatic windows and locks. I do also have the factory radio cause that plays a roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MooreEk

I talked to someone at Honda and they said the care came with it. But I looked at some tutorials and I can’t find my valet button...shouldn’t it be located between am/fm and cd...nothing their..I’m stuck, please help!!

MooreEk

This is the exact radio I have(to Dark to take one here)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Keyless entry system runs through the factory radio for 96-98 models, which won't do you any good if you pick up a 99-00 stock headunit, since it doesn't run the system.

Just need to know if my car came with factory keyless entry/ alarm so that I don’t have to use the damn key so much. 2dr hatchback. Automatic windows and locks. I do also have the factory radio cause that plays a roll.
Is using the key THAT cumbersome?
Does it have factory power windows and locks?
I don't believe the CX came optioned with power windows and locks. If anything, it was not added by Honda and could have been added using Honda parts by a previous owner.
My thought is if that's the case and the power options were added after the fact and not by Honda, I still don't think the lower trim models are wired for the Keyless entry system.