b16a G1 (gen 1) 160hp
b16a G2 (gen 2) 170hp

b18c SiR-G (jdm version of the GSR) 180hp

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thatnks for that bit of knowledge. I'm moderately drunk so that could explain the error in my thought but as long as its cleared up for the newb then its all good. hahaha

ryanM

EXSpeedAddict said:
thatnks for that bit of knowledge. I'm moderately drunk so that could explain the error in my thought but as long as its cleared up for the newb then its all good. hahaha
ehh, i just wanted to give the newb all possible options as to whatever it was he was talking about so we dont have to play the guessing game :lol:

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
ehh, i just wanted to give the newb all possible options as to whatever it was he was talking about so we dont have to play the guessing game :lol:
haha yeah i think the guessing game was alotta the reason behind the recent lounge prison-style babysitting :lol:

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok first of all, i think that guy is from canada or somewhere, because we didnt have ANY si model here in 98, but in canada the ex that we DID have was called the si.... And according to the seller, the G kit is an option that added ABS and A/C??

cheeko1

5+ Year Member
lol i'm in canada, i thought the u.s. had the same cars, anyways if theres anyone on here in canada please comment =D

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ask him for the motor code. :what: (It should be a D16Y8.)

The Si-G is a Canadian model Civic Si (aka US Civic EX) with air conditioning and anti-lock brakes. It's just like a US EX with ABS (which also was not included on most US EXs either, but I don't think it's needed).

Code:
Code    Specs                           Displ.  Year(s) Make     Model                    Origin      HP         Torque     CR         Chassis  Tranny
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D16Y8   1.6L 16V SOHC VTEC-II PGM-FI     1590   '96-'00 Honda    Civic Si                   CDM        127@6600   107@5500    9.6:1     EJ8      S40-K4F
Btw, the price he's selling it for ($14,444 CAN / $12,932 USD) is WAY too much. I don't care if it has 15,000 miles and is babied. He even mentioned right before the pics that it's overpriced. If he really sells that then he'll make off with a killing.

Remember, this is just a silver EX coupe with ABS. Same thing as my car only silver and with ABS.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Btw, do you really have a CSX? When do we get pics? I don't think anyone's posted pics of their own CSX on here yet!

cheeko1

5+ Year Member
hey thanks for all your advice guys i really appreciate it!!! Ya i will take pics of my csx when i have time =D

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cheeko1 said:
hey thanks for all your advice guys i really appreciate it!!! Ya i will take pics of my csx when i have time =D
What color is your CSX if I might ask? Can you copy the color code from the door jam for me and the 4th, 5th, and 6th VIN digits too? I collect info on color codes, chassis codes, and engine codes, etc, etc. :lol: If you could send me all but the last six VIn digits that shoudl be cool too. So Ican learn about them more, but no one will see yoru sequance number (you can make keys off the entire VIN though you usually have to prove ownership).

If you could varify your engine code that would be sooooo cool for me to know. I've heard two different motors and I think they have the Z2 not the A3.

Thanks. =)

if you're interested in an Si though, I'd say to wait. i'm sure a better deal than that will come around. It might not be modified, but that way you can decide what is done to it and you don't have to clean up anyone else's mistakes.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmm... I read that wrong. he doesn't have 15K on it. He PUT 15K (9,321 miles) on it since purchase in Jan of '04. The car has 97,590 kilometers on it (60,640 miles).