99-00 bumper on 97 Civic Hx

Anthony9920

Hey guys I was wondering if I bought a 99-00 Honda Civic Si bumper, will it fit onto my Civic Hx 1997??? Love the fog light insert on the bumper and I want that look on my Civic please help
Out!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys I was wondering if I bought a 99-00 Honda Civic Si bumper, will it fit onto my Civic Hx 1997??? Love the fog light insert on the bumper and I want that look on my Civic please help
Out!!!!
As you would find with some mild research, the 99-00 front bumper will only fit a 96-98 Civic if you swap the hood, head lights and fenders along with it. That is why you will find many threads and kits for swapping 99-00 front ends onto 96-98s. FYI, there is no difference in bumpers between any of the trims.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No you can't just swap the bumpers...the bumper won't fit at the hood correctly, your 96-98 grill won't fit on the 99-00 bumper, the bumper won't fit around the headlights properly. Even the core support on the 99-00 is actually different than a 96-98.

Here's a cheapest route write-up for converting it.
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/how-to-96-98-to-99-00-exterior-conversion.59851/

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i forget who makes them or if they are still manufactured but somebody somewhere makes a 96-98 bumper with the 99-00 foglight spots, or you could modify yours to look the same.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They have a white crow bumper but that's for an EG to look like a 99-00 front bumper....sort of. The only other one I can think of is a J Blood bumper but it's more of a body kit bumper than oem, but it does have the same fog light area like a 99-00

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
you can still fit the whole 99-00 front end on the stock 96-98 but bumper fitment would always be off and never sit right either.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can still fit the whole 99-00 front end on the stock 96-98 but bumper fitment would always be off and never sit right either.
sounds like....it doesn't fit.

If that logic meant it fits, then i could "fit" a C350 mercedes front end on a civic but the fitment would be off and never sit right.

The civic bumpers only fit when it's done correctly. I wish people would stop promoting doing incorrect mods to the newer generations.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
sounds like....it doesn't fit.

If that logic meant it fits, then i could "fit" a C350 mercedes front end on a civic but the fitment would be off and never sit right.

The civic bumpers only fit when it's done correctly. I wish people would stop promoting doing incorrect mods to the newer generations.
The gap is not that bad but bad enough for some poeple who's really anal about little things like that.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The gap is not that bad but bad enough for some poeple who's really anal about little things like that.
The fact of the matter is, bottom line, it doesn't fit right, as it should.
God forbid people that modify Hondas' actually have things fit and do things right the first time.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
The fact of the matter is, bottom line, it doesn't fit right, as it should.
God forbid people that modify Hondas' actually have things fit and do things right the first time.
true but sometimes a cheaper alternative way can be done to achieve same end goal especially for those that aren't as bless as the same as some other people in the world. I'm sure most of us have started out that way.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
00 bumper doesnt even come close to fitting on a 98 without swapping the whole front end. why is this even a debate? my hatch is a 98 w a 00 em1 front end and the fitment isnt perfect either but im anal. yes it can be done but its hard to line up perfect

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true but sometimes a cheaper alternative way can be done to achieve same end goal especially for those that aren't as bless as the same as some other people in the world. I'm sure most of us have started out that way.
It's not the same end goal....one way is correct, the other looks like s**t and is incorrect.

If someone doesn't have the funds to spend to do this properly, then he/she needs to be patient until they can do it properly.

Saying that "most of us have started out that way", is all the more reason for new people to listen to those who may have already been down this road of doing it the wrong way, so they can skip over doing a poor job of things and not repeat the mistakes some other people may have done.

Anthony9920

So if I order a 99-00 front end conversion that fits my 96-98 Civic it will fit properly? Looking to order within a week from jdmcarboy.com
Comes with:
Hood
Fenders
Bumper
Headlights
And grill

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
It's not the same end goal....one way is correct, the other looks like s**t and is incorrect.

If someone doesn't have the funds to spend to do this properly, then he/she needs to be patient until they can do it properly.

Saying that "most of us have started out that way", is all the more reason for new people to listen to those who may have already been down this road of doing it the wrong way, so they can skip over doing a poor job of things and not repeat the mistakes some other people may have done.
I agree you, but we all know that's rarely the case especially with all the youngsters these days coming into the scene.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
almost...

why? because the core support is not 100% identical between the two.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
So if I order a 99-00 front end conversion that fits my 96-98 Civic it will fit properly? Looking to order within a week from jdmcarboy.com
Comes with:
Hood
Fenders
Bumper
Headlights
And grill

it will fit but if you want it to fit properly and not off i suggest you get the radiator support also but that requires cutting and welding to install

almost...

why? because the core support is not 100% identical between the two.
yea i have the 2k radiator support on my coupe and you can see my 96-98 front doesn't fit right anymore. I only got rid of my 2k front end mainly cause at the time I was in a really bad pinch for money to pay bills that was piling up on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree you, but we all know that's rarely the case especially with all the youngsters these days coming into the scene.
It's up to the experienced to help the younger generations to do things properly and to avoid repeat mistakes. That can only be achieved by offering advice that does not promote incorrect actions. Let it be up to the enthusiast to modify the car properly or to half ass it. I'd personally be pissed to be told something is the right way or an okay way to do something and then be left with a car that isn't actually correct and stuck living with my poorly executed car. :thumbs up