'99-'00 Honda Civic CXI ??

DannyB

Another Honda Nutcase
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
G'day All
This is my first Post
Last year i purchased a '00 Honda Civic well really it's a 99 civic cxi just mad in june '00 anyway.
One of the first things i did was have a 2" cat back exhaust put through it using a lukey muffler not sure if most of you would know lukey not sure if it is available in the states. anyways, now that i have a decent growl i'd like a tad more power without turboing the baby increasinf my insurance costs, what suggestions do you nice fella's have?? Can ya help me out??
CHEERS
DannyB

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cold Air Intake..... i looove the sound of mine

maybe some 4-1 headers ??????? or 4-2-1 ???

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what motor is in there? i'd presume it's a d-series of some sort......... in that case you can do intake, header, cams, and other minor league bolt-ons..................... BUT, if you want the car to really shuck and jive you're going to need forced induction...........

first mod i made to my car was a complete suspension.... lose me on the straights, but i'll smoke you in the curves...........

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm. CXI is that the 1.4l?

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn a member from australia, i didnt know that peeps down there fixed their honda's up. Wow its spreading

Cheer! hahaha j/k man :wink:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, what does the cxi translate to in american models

DannyB

Another Honda Nutcase
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The CXI is your CX not sure what the 'I'stands for but it is the 1.6Litre ht engine type is d16y7
Dood there are heaps of sick civics down under!!!
Either way thanx for the advise doods!! you's have been of great help !!!
I hope to hear from ya's some more ay!!!

CHEERS & G'Day

DannyB

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

what motor is in there? i'd presume it's a d-series of some sort......... in that case you can do intake, header, cams, and other minor league bolt-ons...
you mean.... s)