99 civic b16Ablock with supposedly b18 VTEC Head

TheWickster91

Recently purchased a 99civic, runs and drives fine with the exception of a few minor things here and there. however, my issue if i believe the car is running rich. cold start it smokes a light grayish and then disappears as she gets warm. the odor of a weed eater has led me to believe she's running rich. the seller also stated that it had a basemap tune of course idk how true this is either. she's got skunk 2 intake manifold pro series on head which is stamped (Pr3-3) with a B16A block internal mods unknown and can only rely on what the previous seller stated at the time of purchase. my question is how do i fix this issue? will i have to change injectors or mess with the ecu?? any input would greatly be appreciated

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Your details unfortunately as they pertain to the matter is very vague.

White smoke generally indicates water burning, this could be condensation in the exhaust or a water leak in the headgasket or intake manifold. If its the cylinder head then most likely the headgasket as you state it goes away after it warms up. When the engine heats up the metals expand and most likely seal the leak. Then leaks again after shutdown.

As for internals, expect it to be stock unless you intend to open up the block.

You are going to have to go over the car with a fine tooth comb and document what you find so you know what has been done to the car. Including opening the cover on the ecu to see what modifications have been performed and if a daughter board is installed such as Hondata.