99 civic manual to auto conversion from 97 civic fuel pump not getting power

4door99

I have my 99 civic that was auto that had blew up so I bought a wrecked 97 and threw everything from harness and ecu. I have spark and car will crank all day if I let it. I went threw every single fuse on that car. Checked every single ground to make sure that they all have a clean and good connection. Thought it was the main relay so I also replaced that just to have the same luck. Fuel pump works like a champ and we can start the car if we wire to fuel pump to a battery. Am I missing something for the swap that wasn’t easy to look at?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
There are three things you need to get the engine running, air, spark and fuel.

Verify fuel pressure when you prime the key. You can disconnect the fuel line in the engine bay to verify fuel coming out the line. Use a bottle to capture any fuel.

Spark, pull a plug wire, put a screwdriver in the plug end, lay near metal surface and watch the driver arc to metal. Repeat this process for each spark plug/cable.

Air, well thats pretty simple, as long as the throttle is opening you should be getting air.

After you have verified all three of the above. Ensure engine timing is correct. Then check your ignition timing with a timing light, this will allow you to adjust the distributor to the correct angle.

4door99

There are three things you need to get the engine running, air, spark and fuel.

Verify fuel pressure when you prime the key. You can disconnect the fuel line in the engine bay to verify fuel coming out the line. Use a bottle to capture any fuel.

Spark, pull a plug wire, put a screwdriver in the plug end, lay near metal surface and watch the driver arc to metal. Repeat this process for each spark plug/cable.

Air, well thats pretty simple, as long as the throttle is opening you should be getting air.

After you have verified all three of the above. Ensure engine timing is correct. Then check your ignition timing with a timing light, this will allow you to adjust the distributor to the correct angle.
Everything is correct on my car. I have spark and air. Timing is done and car is still in time. As said in the thread I don’t have any power to my pump. The pump will not turn over in the prime time. I’m trying to see if anyone has had this problem with this exact swap and knows what they did. I tested even the main relay with flicking the key and turning over the car. Only plugs that get power are 1 and 5 and that’s with flicking the key.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Test for battery voltage at the pump. If no power then check the circuit. Mind you battery voltage will only apply during cranking and initial fuel system priming. After you priming you will see 0 voltage. Once car is running you should maintain constant battery voltage.

Nothing is technically different from your 97 to a 99 other than emissions.