99 civic retrofit headlights (ebay)

hondacivic1992

Hey everyone,

So I have noticed recently that on ebay they have started to sell retrofit headlights for the 99-00 civic for around $150. Does anyone have experience with these ebay retrofit headlights and how are they? One of the main reasons i want to get them is because they give better light output then having the light scatter all over the place from the regular headlights.

Thanks!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EBay doesn't sell anything, it's an auction site where people pay a fee to sell stuff.

As with anything on there research is key, if it looks to good to be true it's probably bogus. Sellers should be gone over with a fine tooth comb. Check their feed back, see if they are selling other parts, Google the sellers name and see if there is anything out there about them.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Seeing as my retrofit kit alone cost me $240, not counting the headlights, I'm going to say they're cheaply made and / or just crappy projectors thrown into a knockoff housing.

Post a link, and we shall reveal the truth! :lol:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seeing as my retrofit kit alone cost me $240, not counting the headlights, I'm going to say they're cheaply made and / or just crappy projectors thrown into a knockoff housing.

Post a link, and we shall reveal the truth! :lol:

This!

Just had a guy do me up a set for my VW and it was $350 with glass lenses and I have to supply my own bulbs. These are top quality and I don't think I could have done it any cheaper myself so considering the low price of the ones you found on eBay, I would say that they are too good to be true.

thmanx

I remember reading a thread on HIDPlanet about those pre-retrofitted civic lights.

As i recall a member tried emailing the seller several times before getting a hold of someone who actually had the product in their hands (most just gave him a run-around since they just forward parts through their eBay store)

They are exactly what you might expect, $150 Chinese made Retrofitted projector clones. Basically like the previous style "dual projector" eBay headlights you've probably seen before, but these have been styled to 'look' like a retrofitted OEM set.
I believe they are similar in design (not quality) to Denji headlights, where they use a standard H4 plug that splits into two H3 or H1 bulbs inside the housing.

I'd be curious to see how they do, as well if there any hope to improving them with a quality HID install. But then again, no ones dared bought a set to find out yet...