99 Civic SE problems

Blazing angel

Hello to all, i'm a newbie, and this is my first post.

My car is a Canadian 99 Civic SE sedan. Think of it as a CX
My civic has three main, noticeable problems.
The first is that the gas gauge is stuck halfway. IT hadn't moved for 6 months, it just stuck.
I know this can be either the float, the transmitter box, or wiring. It hasn't moved, what could it be?

The second problem is that the back left door (behind the driver) makes a awful squeak when opened. I'm going to try using wd-40 on it

Finally, a few years back, a stupid dodge ram owner rammed my car. It was parked, and the handbreak was on. Everything was repaired, but now every time i brake hard, i hear a noise coming from the rear. Would it be the brakes, or something to do with the suspension?

Also, is there i way i can convert the rear drum brakes to disks?

Thanks in advance!

RonJ

Banned

Spray white lithium grease into the door hinges.

Pull the rear brakes apart and grease the sliding surfaces.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ dont get no better than that advice man. Let us know when you get it all done if it fixed all of it.

Blazing angel

Thanks for the replies. They'll really help =)
Edit: Where is the gas tank located? Passanger footwell?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a bolt between the seat belts on the bottom cushion. In the diagram it looks like a little loop. If you push the cushion down in the middle between the belt buckles (where the top and bottom half meet) you should see the bolt. Once that is out you tilt the whole bottom cushion towards you. the dotted circles on the front of the cushion in the diagram are just little hooks that go into holes. When you tilt it towards the front of the car, once it is at 90* you should be able to lift it straight up.

Blazing angel

i havent really been in this civic for a while, and assumed the noise was from the rear drums.
After actually sitting in the car, it turns out that its coming from the shocks. I'm thinking so because whenever i go over a bump, it squeaks. How could i fix it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it is actually the struts squeaking they are more than likely shot. Replace them.

Blazing angel

Sorry for reviving my old thread, but all i would need to do for this is remove the cushion correct and the piece under it? Not the seat belts, side bolsters, or the "pivot bolts" (don't have torque wrench atm). This is to get to the fuel fuel gauge sender unit.

Also, if i replace the fuel guage sending unit, do i need to replace the gasket? (it says i do, but is it neccessary?