99 Coupe trunk leaks need reference pictures

LANxCiv

I have a 2dr coupe with sunroof that has water pooling into my spare tire bay area in my trunk and i cant figure out where the leak is coming from. No wet spots on the carpet or anything after it rains and such. I could use some reference pictures of common areas that have leaks since I dont have a hose available where I live at the moment.

hondahappiness

5+ Year Member
i dont have pics, but common areas are sunroof drain tubes, around the back window, the trunk seal and around the taillights.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't have a direct picture but I drew this to illustrate. I had an issue with my '95 leaking water into the trunk for a while. Couldn't figure it out. Got tired of it and started to look around more. Found out there was a drain tube that ran from the top of the car, down the passenger side c-pillar, in through the trunk and outside just behind the rear bumper. There was a part that connected the tube to drain outside of the car that was clogged up causing the water to overflow into the trunk. Cleaned that part up and no more issues.

Red shows the tube. The blue circle just shows the general area on the tube. Right behind the side carpet.

Don't know if this will be the same issue for you, but worth checking out.

LANxCiv

Okay sounds likes good places to check

I dont think its my taillights because my car was just sitting in the rain...?