99 ex civic milage

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do not know how many people just have their civics with intakes and perhape bigger wheels, but I hope that someone will be able to share his/her MPG.

I have 99 ex civic with AEM and 16"

when I did not have 16" on it and just had shitty and loud muffler I got abouot 380 miles on a full tank with 3 people and trunk full of crap.

Recentlyafter adding AEM and 16" (I removed muffler)
I am getting about 300 milles with about 35% highway drivign and 65% is a city driving. If I drive more on a highway I get even up to 350 but my gas tank gets almost fully empty.

BTW I drive a stick if that matters and quite often I drive it hard.

Marcin

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "mlody"

I do not know how many people just have their civics with intakes and perhape bigger wheels, but I hope that someone will be able to share his/her MPG.

I have 99 ex civic with AEM and 16"

when I did not have 16" on it and just had shitty and loud muffler I got abouot 380 miles on a full tank with 3 people and trunk full of crap.

Recentlyafter adding AEM and 16" (I removed muffler)
I am getting about 300 milles with about 35% highway drivign and 65% is a city driving. If I drive more on a highway I get even up to 350 but my gas tank gets almost fully empty.

BTW I drive a stick if that matters and[glow=red] quite often I drive it hard.[/glow]

Marcin
thats why right there =)

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, i drive my car hard (96 civic lx auto) i know i shouldn't....i only get 280-300miles per full tank....35%highway and 65% city, aem cold air intake

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My 99 EX is in a little bit of a different ballpark because of the mods. mlody will know what I'm talking about =).

I drive about 60% city & 40% highway & the absolute most that I can get out of a tank is 280 miles with all highway driving. Usually I end up having to refill at 220 miles on a tank. That is with draining the tank as far as I can go too. I try my hardest not to drive it hard but it's too tempting sometimes. My record for the worst tank off gas so far was 80 miles from full to empty. That was with TONS of abuse & a lot of playing around with my VAFC, FMU, & FPR when I was trying to tune everything for the SC.

Till L8er,
Ken

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all I know is that I refill my tank every other day. I rarely pay for gas though....atvantage of everyone needing a ride is the fact they have to give me 3 bucks. (I had my first full tank of gas the other day in 3 weeks)