99 rear bumper sagging?

onenighter712

5+ Year Member
hey what up. . . i have a CTR rear lip on my 99 lx, and it is close enough to the exhaust that the exhaust rattles the lip. it is a pretty annoying noise, but i notice how my rear bumper is sagging just a little. when i pull it up, the noise is gone and the lip is not resting on top of the muffler. i wanna know if its because i missing bolts or what that is making my bumper sag. how do i fix the prob?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are all of your clips on the bottom of the bumper cover under the car by the tow hook?? check there and along the bottom of the trunk opening as well as the two screws in the corner

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Look and see if it is. How is it held on. Double stick tape? Maybe missing a couple of clips.

onenighter712

5+ Year Member
i've never touched the bumper. the lip is held, from what i could see, by two bolts at the ends of the bumper. i'm assuming it is prolly double sided taped along the rest of the bumper though. i don't see how this would make it sag from where the top of the bumper meets the bottom of the trunk

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
onenighter712 said:
i've never touched the bumper. the lip is held, from what i could see, by two bolts at the ends of the bumper. i'm assuming it is prolly double sided taped along the rest of the bumper though. i don't see how this would make it sag from where the top of the bumper meets the bottom of the trunk
like j_fukin_t said, did u check the clips just under the trunk? there are those same clips that are used to hold ur upper grill to the frame of the car. if its sagging right b/t the trunk and bumper, thats prolly the reason.