99 SIR coupe: Unidentified white and green plugs under dash

cranker

I have a 99 SIR coupe anyways I had my drivers side lower dash off installing some foglights. I noticed where about the little folding pocket would be theres a 20 pin white female plug with 2 green male plug inside it taped to the harness of the car. What is this plug for and why is it taped up to the harness. I removed the 2 green cap covers they just unsnap and they have 10 metal male prongs per cap cover that fit in the white plug. Any help on this one would be great as I am baffled. Usually every wire plug has blue tape to the harness from what I've seen this one has clear tape holding it there.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pics would help. What do you mean by folding pocket? the thing under the headlight switch?

ps. welcome. where in Ontario are you?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think he means the fuse box door

cranker

Not the fuse cover up on the lower dash piece theres a little pocket that flip out to put coins or little items. it would be around there its a white 20 pin female plug with 2 rows of green male cap covers. I could take and post pics if you would like to see my buddies 99 SI model has it too. Ill take pics and post Id like to get to the bottom of this one

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Please post a pic. If we're thinking of the same thing, I would be very curious to know as well.

cranker

I'm from the ottawa area bro in the country here's a pic of the white 20 pin female with green cap covers on it. I really want to know what its for. I can upload an image the friggin image uploader just says patience during upload and goes nowhere post your email addresses and I'll send you a picture of this plug