A/c question

Drakon543

Ok last question for the night have to catch a plane in a few hrs. The a/c on this 08 civic 1.8 is wierd. Its charged up properly and according to the garage the pressure reads good but it works fine at an idle anyway. If i have the a/c on and keep the rpms under 2kish the a/c works fine. If for any reason i have to accelerate above that the a/c will stop working until i shut the car off and leave it off for a while. Is there an easy fix for this or can i just bypass the a/c compressor all together and free up some load on something that doesnt work anyway?

Drakon543

I might be mistaken or whatever but my car has a serpentine belt with a tensioner. Not sure how I would tighten that. Well when this issue first started happening in had a shop look it over because out of anything that could be civic specific I definitely wouldn't know about the a/c. The only thing the shop could find was after the a/c stops working they said it's just not getting told to turn back on. I'm not sure if a civic does it intentionally but it's almost like the car turns the a/c compressor off under heavy load (heavy acceleration, hills etc). That way the a/c isn't drawing power from the engine while your trying to accelerate but it's never getting told to turn back on afterwards.

Drakon543

If I recall the clutch and the fan stop cycling basically like I shut the a/c off. I will double check that later this week when it's supposed to be around 60. I didn't have to shop keep digging because after that they were going to start charging me diagnostics. I actually took it there to have them charge the system properly as that was suggested to me prior to that. They charged the system for me stating the pressure was still OK but it was getting a little low. If I can't get it working easily enough is there an a/c delete kit or something? It's a black on gray car so it gets a little hot in the summer but atmosphere I don't like the car enough to dump a bunch of money just to fix a luxury part. It just seems weird to me that it will stop working only after higher revs but won't start working again unless I let it sit for at least 15 min. I've had it work for a whole day a few times just as long as I babied it around the whole time.

baha

Then my bad, I will try to create a new threat again now. Please wait a min...

Drakon543

Meh it didn't really bother me. This thread can be deleted if you guys want. It fixed itself lol. Can't diagnose anything if it has decided to work again. I'll repost if the problem comes back or something.