A few cars I've detailed

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, i must admit, i was skeptical.. ive heard you go on about detailing before and ive thought to myself "oh well she has to spend her time being interested in something because her car is so f**king stock" but this thread has made me come around. I think that maybe the red shade of your car doesnt do justice to your work. I mean ive seen it before, and it is very clean, but never blew me away. But that black civic looked PHENOMENAL. That s**t paint became nothing but pure glass.. It is so shiny i almost cant believe its stock paint let alone original. It looked like a show caliber shine!! You have my utmost respect. I wish I was closer to WA..

p.s.- lets see some more mods on that little red slut.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The girls got talent ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revolver said:
You do fantastic work. Have you ever considered starting a mobile detailing business?
Well, come to find out there's a lot more involved than you'd expect. For example, I'd have to collect all the fluids. Yeah... that means when I rinse the car I'm supposed to catch all the water used in a pool of sorts and put it in a holding tank to properly dispose of it.

If I were found to be allowing it to drain into the city drainage system I could be fined $10,000. :???: Damn hippies.

Apparently it's okay to let it drain if you're not running a business off of it. :(
Handlebars said:
she did both of my cars, it only cost me a clutch job and 2 nights room and board >` !
I still brag about the paint removal I did on your coupe. :oops: For real though, I was proud of that.

Oh, and in case no one caught that... the black Civic and the STi were the ones I've talked about before.

And why the f**k do I get a bookbinding ad at the bottom of my page....?
all go no show said:
p.s.- lets see some more mods on that little red slut.
Send me some cash and it'll be put to use. Remember I got fired from my detailing job. :(

Also remember a lot of cash has, over the last few months, gone into repairing her.
clover ej6 said:
come to maryland and detail my car
JDMEK98 said:
beautiful work!
duFf_M@N said:
thats some great work 2 big :thumbs up :thumbs up.
tnk said:
only if i lived closer amy, it'd be the BEST $150 i'd ever spend, ....EVER!
Asthmatic said:
My god that black ex civic...you turned that s**t from day to night. Thats amazing. And i swear ive seen that STi before.
MasterShake said:
damn i might swing my 300 round by washington ;)
B16EJ1 said:
Damn Amy, you do sick work!!!
rei said:
nice work..
one6 said:
That's not work, that's ART!!!! Amy, you're an artist, and dirty cars are your canvas! :thumbs up
Revolver said:
You do fantastic work
all go no show said:
wow, i must admit, i was skeptical.. ive heard you go on about detailing before and ive thought to myself "oh well she has to spend her time being interested in something because her car is so f**king stock" but this thread has made me come around. I think that maybe the red shade of your car doesnt do justice to your work. I mean ive seen it before, and it is very clean, but never blew me away. But that black civic looked PHENOMENAL. That s**t paint became nothing but pure glass.. It is so shiny i almost cant believe its stock paint let alone original. It looked like a show caliber shine!! You have my utmost respect. I wish I was closer to WA..
Going-West said:
The girls got talent ;)
And thank you SO much for all the compliments! :D

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Well, come to find out there's a lot more involved than you'd expect. For example, I'd have to collect all the fluids. Yeah... that means when I rinse the car I'm supposed to catch all the water used in a pool of sorts and put it in a holding tank to properly dispose of it.

If I were found to be allowing it to drain into the city drainage system I could be fined $10,000. :???: Damn hippies.

Apparently it's okay to let it drain if you're not running a business off of it. :(
That sucks. Here in Nevada that isn't a prob, there are several mobile detailers in my town.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
:wtf:

Thats weeeeetaded.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revolver said:
That sucks. Here in Nevada that isn't a prob, there are several mobile detailers in my town.
Going-West said:
:wtf:

Thats weeeeetaded.
Yeah, I know, right? I mean, I could understand a fine... but ten f**king thousand dollars?!?!?!
B16EJ1 said:
I'll hit you guys up soon. ;)
You know where I live. Just call/PM and let me know and we can set something up.

I'll tell you one thing.... A clean car like this will probably sell for more and quicker than a dirty car. I think the black Civic went for well, more than it was worth imo. I'll have to figure out how much it went for later. It does have horrid clearcoat etching though. In person you can see outlines of where birdshit sat, for probably months, eating at the clearcoat. :(

Also, it helps keep it in better shape, makes it quicker and easier to wash when you do, keeps the level of grime in mechanical parts lower, and makes the car smell better. Plus it's funny when a teal 5th gen coupe passes you on the interstate and the passenger is hanging shoulders-up out of the window staring at your car. :lol: (True story from about a week or two ago.)

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey amy im sure youve been through this plenty of times already, and i dont mean to intrude on your profitabilty here, so you dont have to respond if you dont want.. but could you briefly talk about your process that turns the paint from rags to riches??

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Zenray said:
So beautiful.....mine would look like that for all of two days
I'm pissed... We washed the coupe and snatchback yesterday and this morning they mowed the law. There isn't just grass on my car now... there's f**king DIRT on the hood. Just sitting up on it. I'll have to wash them both again tomorrow. :evil:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all go no show said:
hey amy im sure youve been through this plenty of times already, and i dont mean to intrude on your profitabilty here, so you dont have to respond if you dont want.. but could you briefly talk about your process that turns the paint from rags to riches??
It's not really going to change how much I make off of this. Most people seem to equate what I do as a $150 carwash. :( So a lot of people are interested until they hear the price tag.

Anyway, I posted up what I've said to others in this thread here: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=87619

Sucks because most guys I know get tired when I try to teach them how to detail. Yeah, just an overpriced carwash... :roll: ;) :lol:

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mother of God, I just remembered how disgustingly dusty my car is...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You all need to live closer to me. it'll at least give me something to do. :(

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could you buff out the "slight dent" in the rear of my car? :lol:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Mother of God, I just remembered how disgustingly dusty my car is...
:werd:

I hate being at college I dont have anywhere to wash my car unless I come home...sad.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Could you buff out the "slight dent" in the rear of my car? :lol:
:rolf: No, I doubt it. I will tell you one thing though... At least in my experience, dents are easier for ME to see if the car is clean.

I mean small dents though. Like the ones on my car for example. Yeah... they're there..... I see them! :shock: Can't you see them?!?!?!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
:werd:

I hate being at college I dont have anywhere to wash my car unless I come home...sad.
If you NEED somewhere to wash your car (either because it's winter and your pipes freeze of because you're in an apartment or dorm), I'd suggest checking out local touch-free washes. Maybe go through with a friend or watch how it works the other cars. The big problem you're going to see with these kinds of carwashes are the detergents they use are usually too strong because they're trying to quickly clean a car without scrubbing it at all.

Really, a carwash with wash bays is preferred though of course. (I'd bring my own cloths though! The brushes they provide use NYLON bristles and they WILL scratch your paint!)

Basically set up like you would to wash it normally. Get everything ready in advance so you can use the time to your best advantage. I'd probably bring in my own soap and bucket... but that's because I'm picky about my detergents and don't want to have to wax my car in the middle of the summer (too hot - makes polishes and wax greasy and hard to remove) /winter (freezes wax on, also makes it very humid usually and therefore difficult to remove wax/polis) /night (similar conditions to 'winter').

Then just follow with an otherwise normal wash. Make wash water if you need, spray dry wheels with wheel cleaner (works better dry), soak down car. Wash from the top and rear to the bottom and front. Wash the cleanest parts first. Generally it will be dirtier behind the wheels and on the front bumper/windshield, and then on the rear bumper. Clean dirty parts last. Don't forget to wash the wheels and then exhaust and wheelwells too! If it's visible you'll want to wash it. I even wash the bottoms of my sideskirts. (Looks beautiful on a lift when you see those bright red shiny skirts on the sides imo.) :drool:

Don't let the soapy water dry on it or you'll have to wash it again so you won't have residue. If you have a gentle, steady stream of water you can start at the bottom and work your way down to lessen you much you have to dry off. Make sure you cover the nozzle with your hand though so it doesn't scratch the paint!

I also try to polish bare metal every once in awhile. Anywhere I can reach pretty much. That's mostly exhaust on cars I come in contact with though. This will also leave a light greasy protectant layer on the metal too and will cause water to bead off of it at least until it wears off.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not sure why but I feel like I owe you some money for that post.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
I'm not sure why but I feel like I owe you some money for that post.
Hahaha! :lol:

.... I'll have Jason contact you tomorrow about PayPal. That's to anyone who read those informative posts....

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:scurred:

Seriously thats good info, you will be the first I look up if I need a good detail job