Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
***NEW DETAILS ON PAGES THREE & FOUR***

My how-to here:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=88173

As many of you know, I mostly detail for a hobby and over the last two months was hired (and laid off...) from my first job detailing. (No fault of my own. I was told I was the weakest link though I was one of two people who detailed well, didn't skip the details, and was insurable to drive.)

I can't say I'm too upset. I prefer detailing by hand and not only did I have to use a (broken) pressure washer and orbital, but I had to mostly clean and drive automatic transmission trucks and SUVs. So back to looking for a new job. I still want to detail! =)

Anyway, I have some before photos of a few cars here, but the majority of them don't have before pics.

First, one of the first cars I ever detailed. I can't even remember when it was... Probably about three plus years ago or so that I first got to detail this car. My own '98 Honda Civic EX coupe. Milano Red Tricoat. Sorry, no before photos. Well, I have a couple, but they're all badly bleached out and the entire car looks pink (you can find the first thread way way way back in 6th gen btw). In reality only the first couple inches under the windows - about to the pinstripe - was pinkish when I bought it.

I wanted to post an example of a lighter colored vehicle I cleaned up. This is the only one I could find though since I usually forget to take pics. This one's from a few years ago too.

My sister's first almost new car! Her Cayenne Red Pearl '98 Acura Integra GS hatch. She only let me do a quick exterior detail on this one because she wanted to go out and drive it.

Before... This is before she even bought it, but the same day she decided to get it instead of the Sunfire that she had been more interested in before driving.

And after...

I didn't even get to do under the hood. :(

Okay... now finally for some recent details! Here's a '96 Honda Civic EX coupe I was asked to do for a business. It's Granada Black Pearl which is a black paint with a goldish colored pearl in it. They picked it up for $1000 after the previous owner threw a rod. He told us he was driving through town and it suddenly just stopped... :lol:

The before pics.

(We just decided to end up putting an extra set of headlights we had on it instead.)

Apparently the rear deck began to shake (perhaps because of the system that had been installed in it). Erasers jammed between the deck and the rear window was the solution... They melted to the plastic.

And after... Too bad this one had paint damage and etching that I couldn't take care of with the products I had, which are all applied by hand.

And after seeing the Civic, the other owner of the shop these photos were taken in was so happy that he asked me to detail his STi. I kind of find this funny because before the closest I was allowed to get to washing his car was he allowed me to rinse it while he washed it. :lol: No befores on this one either, but it was an easy job because the owner is pretty picky about the care of his vehicle. This car is stock World Rally Blue Pearl with an aftermarket black pearl front end.

clover ej6

i r mekanik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
come to maryland and detail my car

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
clover ej6 said:
come to maryland and detail my car
Pay for my round trip flight plus ~$150 and you have a deal. :lol:

duFf_M@N

...""peep show""...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats some great work 2 big :thumbs up :thumbs up.

I have a question since you know a lot more than I do. My car is white and seems to be collecting very small brown spots everywhere. It's anoying the crap out of me. I park under a tree right outside my house. Well not directly under it. Just a bit of so the leaves dont cram in the edges of the car, and bird crap dont land on it. But I think this has alot to do with it. I'm think sometimes it's fly crap, but thats just stupid of me to think.

Do you think a good clay and wax should take the little brown spots off?? I asked a few guys and they said it might not.
Your expertice is greatly appreciated. :thumbs up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
clover ej6 said:
cc member discount? :lol:
Fine... if you want to add that in... Round trip flight plus ~$200. :rolf:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
duFf_M@N said:
thats some great work 2 big :thumbs up :thumbs up.

I have a question since you know a lot more than I do. My car is white and seems to be collecting very small brown spots everywhere. It's anoying the crap out of me. I park under a tree right outside my house. Well not directly under it. Just a bit of so the leaves dont cram in the edges of the car, and bird crap dont land on it. But I think this has alot to do with it. I'm think sometimes it's fly crap, but thats just stupid of me to think.

Do you think a good clay and wax should take the little brown spots off?? I asked a few guys and they said it might not.
Your expertice is greatly appreciated. :thumbs up
Hmm... I'd honestly have to see it to know what you're working with. Sounds like it could eb sap, or if it's tiny little blackish brown spots it could be left from flies. A full detail including a clay and polish should get rid of them, but I can't be 100% on that unless I see it.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
only if i lived closer amy, it'd be the BEST $150 i'd ever spend, ....EVER!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ehh, some people think I charge too much I guess. It's often compared to "washing" a car. :???:

Okay... yeah, then your turbo installs are just equal to oil changes, right? :roll:

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My god that black ex civic...you turned that s**t from day to night. Thats amazing. And i swear ive seen that STi before.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Asthmatic said:
My god that black ex civic...you turned that s**t from day to night. Thats amazing. And i swear ive seen that STi before.
Yeah, I thought I did a good job too! :lol:

More about the Civic: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=86464

if anyone wants a car done and is in the area, just PM me and we can set something up. I can't say I'll go to your place because of safety but I'm willing to work out a deal with anyone who might be interested.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn Amy, you do sick work!!!

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice work.. when I get my next car, detailing it on a normal basis will become a hobby, hah..

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's not work, that's ART!!!! Amy, you're an artist, and dirty cars are your canvas! :thumbs up

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You do fantastic work. Have you ever considered starting a mobile detailing business?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tnk said:
only if i lived closer amy, it'd be the BEST $150 i'd ever spend, ....EVER!
she did both of my cars, it only cost me a clutch job and 2 nights room and board >` !