A Question for the Strict HOnda Experts... (sohc vtec)

AtxMatt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let's just say i got a 97 civic HX w/ VTec-E, if i were to replace the head with a 96-00 civic EX Vtec Head, would that make my HX run like an EX? just curious..

AtxMatt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, i got a civic that used to be an automatic, i did a transmission swap on it but i heard you have to replace the idle valve control or somethin does anyone know wassup with this? i tried replacin the ecu but i heard auto and standard ecus are the same.. im experiencing some minor technical difficulties.. =)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i dont know the compresion rates one either block (both are weak im sure) but if you switch heads... im sure you'd get more power out of your engine... with the EX head

its kind of like doing a b18b bottom end with a b18c5 head

so look for the compression ratios on both blocks and figure it out from there....

(although my information isnt as much help as i would like it to be.. i tried..)

goodluck

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SeanJohn1802"

well, i dont know the compresion rates one either block (both are weak im sure) but if you switch heads... im sure you'd get more power out of your engine... with the EX head

so look for the compression ratios on both blocks and figure it out from there....

(although my information isnt as much help as i would like it to be.. i tried..)

goodluck
Actually it's like slapping a b16b(CTR) head on a b16a. Yes it'll work and you'll see some gains, but not as much as you'd like. VX=diet coke of VTEC

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "silverctr"

SeanJohn1802 said:

goodluck
Actually it's like slapping a b16b(CTR) head on a b16a. Yes it'll work and you'll see some gains, but not as much as you'd like. VX=diet coke of VTEC
whats dat mean?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "92CivicVX"

silverctr said:
SeanJohn1802 said:

goodluck
whats dat mean?
:wstupid: it means your car = slow!