A series of questions... attached with an H20Two.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So does anyone know how to get rid of the smokers-smell out of a car? I know i've read it somewhere before but I can't find it anywhere. Also... the stock headunit.. how do I go along as to getting the f**ker out? lol. Is crutchfield a good place to order a nice stereo w/ the adapter thing for the harness? Also... Alarm systems.. the Viper Pager alarm.. the VX whatever thingie that H_O_D, Blackh0ep, and Chow has... where'd you guys buy it? Installed yourself?

Mad noobie questions, i'm just looking for some answers.

Also... PM me if you have an idea as to where I can find a GReddy EVO Exhaust System for less than 350-ish somewhere... for a 97-01 Prelude...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eh at pepboys they have this stuff called "blue magic" that claims to take out the smoke smell. Maybe its that the chemical is SO strong that it overrides the others. As far as teh headunit, I think theres two tabs on each side, along with the (6) bolts, press the tabs in and PULL. As far as the other questions, im not an audio guy, everything is stock in my car audio wise.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm.. is replacing carpet a hard task?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless you know what your doing.. the viper alarm is a complete b***h..

not an easy task unless you are electronically sound and or have done it before.. I recomend finding a private audio shop to install the viper alarm not best buy or circuit city..

I still can barely figure out how mine works and im an electrical engineering student

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
hmm.. is replacing carpet a hard task?
carpet is cake.. trust me on this one dont be afaid to pull it out from the edges

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
interesting. how much was yours installed?

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I wouldn't try to install an alarm on my own.

As for your headunit, I have no clue what kind of car you have but if it's a civic the lower portion of the center console should unscrew. After that unscrew the head unit from the brace and slide the monkey out.

As for crutchfield... It's great if you like paying maximum retail price for electronics. They do have great customer support and return policy however, it is not enough for me to justify paying an extra $100 for an item. I browse crutchfield for things I want and then froogle the product numbers.

I would go that route and buy the unit online brand new for a reasonable price if you are wanting to install this yourself. Go to Circuit City/Best Buy/Tweeter/etccc.... and buy the smart harness for your car. It's plug and play so you don't have to hack up your wires.

If you don't want to install it yourself browse circuit city and the like, most of them offer free installation on units above $120 or so

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
interesting. how much was yours installed?
well before everyone jumps on me saying " you payed wayy too much" . This is probally the only time i have ever payed a considerable amount of money to have somthing on my car done for me.

because i have the vocalarm (the knightrider style talking thing) and 2 extra anti theft goodies my alarm installed was 450 dollars + 50 bucks for both the viper and hornett installed.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
X-O Odor Eliminator should take out smoke smell. It's suppsoed to remove any smell.

I don't know where you might be able to get it but I know it's available online. I linked it in my detail tips thread.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've bought a couple things from Crutchfield in the past and have had nothing but outstanding service. It is more expensive, but if you get better service for the money and I'm willing to pay more for that. I hate f**king around with companies if something doesn't work.

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah, and to get smoke out of your car just try Carpet Fresh. I've used it in a couple cars and it got the smell right out. You can find it damn near anywhere.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try the12volt.com for help on alarms...if you have done any type of wiring in your car..stereo or otherwise...you should be fine...that website gives you the color and location of the wires you will need...buy some t-taps...i put a code alarm in a friends Accord in less than hour with light flash and door locks...everything you need is pretty much in the kick panel and the steering column...hope this helps....

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thanks everyone. For the smoke smell.. i plan on changing the carpet and probably replacing the front seats and recovering the rear seats.

rear speakers are 6x9.. correct?

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude go to a shop and buy the alarm and have them install it.
You buy and have a friend install. 0 warranty on the alarm 0 warranty on the labor and if your friend f**ks something up in the car, hope hes a good friend and pays you back for it.

Buy it from a shop and have them put it in. Lifetime warranty on the labor. Lifetime warranty on most alarm brains, (go dei) Get it from BB, CC or the like, they mess up your car they deal with it.

I usually don't let burger flippers who think they know about car audio touch my car. Alarms are not easy. I don't care who you are.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
thanks everyone. For the smoke smell.. i plan on changing the carpet and probably replacing the front seats and recovering the rear seats.
Waste of money unless there's a problem with the actual fabric right now. Even if you remove the rfront seats and reupholster the rears and replace the carpetting, you will still have a smokey smell in the car.

Honestly, it'd make better sense to:

- Use an odor neutalizer like one of the ones mentioned in this thread.
- Replace front seats in tiem when you find stock or aftermarket seats you'd like
- Reupholster rear seats to match fronts.
- Only replace carpetting if needed (for color scheme or damage/staining).

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm.. thats true.. waste of money indeed.. and money is something i don't have much of. lol.

I know this is a huge thread of just random questions, but in your opinion... does a Sunroof/moonroof, whatever it is, make a difference? as for like... just whatever. I've never owned a car with a sunroof and am wondering if it's worth having.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love my moonroof, but I doubt I'd add one if I didnt' already have one. I'm also a big fan of factory parts though.

It's great for air circulation on my car right not though since my A/C doesn't work. It keeps it quieter inside the car than the windows rolled down.

Did you say you have a car yet?

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Smoke smell solution...from a smoker. It might not work that well since I'm a smoker I might not be able to smell it after cleaning. But the way I can tell is the smoke smell eats at the smell from my squash air spencer, but after I cleans the interior, it does'nt. I do the same process every 2 to 3 weeks.

Clean all interior glass with meguiars nxt gen glass cleaner.

I use that Blue whatever from pepboys or Turtle Wax Odor-x stuff to clean ALL interior fabric especially roof liner.

clean ALL other surfaces with Meguiars Quick interior detailer and then use Meguiars NXT protect stuff.

Get Ozium (the original scent kind), turn the air condition on re-circulate and spray the ozium into the intake vent under passenger footwell. Run for a few seconds and then spray in air in car. Keep th doors shut for a while and let Ozium do its stuff.

When Ozium smell fades away, the smoke smell should be gone but what little lingers, cover with an air freshener. Squash CS-X3 FTW!!!

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I love my moonroof, but I doubt I'd add one if I didnt' already have one. I'm also a big fan of factory parts though.

It's great for air circulation on my car right not though since my A/C doesn't work. It keeps it quieter inside the car than the windows rolled down.

Did you say you have a car yet?
not yet, we're looking at an 02' LX Civic coupe and we're stuck between that and the rsx... i personally prefer the civic.

thanks for the guys about the smoke smell, but sadly we're not getting the Prelude because of fears of transmission failure.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
thanks for the guys about the smoke smell, but sadly we're not getting the Prelude because of fears of transmission failure.
What's wrong with the transmission?

I've always heard that transmissions are a weak point on Hondas of all sorts. :what: