About a suspention package for my 92 hatch,

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What u guys recomend, for suspention for my 92 hatch, springs to lower my car, and some shoks ect. don't want to spend way to much money on a coil over set up but if I can get something good for far less money and be of a excellent for my hatchi I will , I just want something to make the hatchy feels better.

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok some of your threads are gettin ridiculous..search for some of this stuff...but for now i'm not gonna be a "use the search nazi" so i'll entertain you for now. i'm not gettin pissy, just sayin some of this stuff has be researched already.

Most of this really depends on how your gonna be driving the car. For everyday driving and like the occasional aggressive driving i'd say some sportlines with koni yellows and if you wanna keep going go skunk2 camber kit and some decent control arms. make sure u compliment that with some 7" 7.5" wide rims/tires..if u go with like 5" wide rims/tires then the bumps you hit are gonna feel a shitload harder and be somewhat harder on your suspension.

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16bang said:
ok some of your threads are gettin ridiculous..search for some of this stuff...but for now i'm not gonna be a "use the search nazi" so i'll entertain you for now. i'm not gettin pissy, just sayin some of this stuff has be researched already.

Most of this really depends on how your gonna be driving the car. For everyday driving and like the occasional aggressive driving i'd say some sportlines with koni yellows and if you wanna keep going go skunk2 camber kit and some decent control arms. make sure u compliment that with some 7" 7.5" wide rims/tires..if u go with like 5" wide rims/tires then the bumps you hit are gonna feel a shitload harder and be somewhat harder on your suspension.
Sorry man is everytime I do a search I ended up getting a lot of info that is either not related or is not exactly the answer I was looking for. How much that set up will cost me?, what about the H&R set up that looks like a coil over set up? any way thank you. and once again sorry.

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would do like ^ said and search around about what people say about what they have on their car and go from there. IMO I wouldnt cheap out on suspension, if i was going to go cheap, id just leave it stock. Think about it, are you going to keep this car a while? if you are you might as well deal with stock for a while and save up for something quality. i thought the same thing but the suspension was one of the best things ive done to my car. it definately took away that shitty civic slop ride and it drives like I want it to now. heres what i got.

full skunk2 coilover kit (easy install, awesome quality) either that or even the omni kit. both will run you around 600 I personally got the integra spec kit, sure they are the same as 5th gen civic, but stiffer. at first it kinda sucked because it was rough, but i knew I was swapping in a B series, with a little more weight in the front, its really stiff, but a LOT more comfortable of a ride.

Got omni rear control arms (cos they look sex, and were easy to install while you got it all torn down)
rear washer trick for the rear camber, and omni (or skunk2) from camber kit. all together it ran me around 750 or so. Worth every penny and if for whatever reason I wanted to sell my car I could get SOMETHING back from it, compared to some coilovers that I personally would NEVER buy second hand. Just my .02 but I would seriously consider making a goal plan for your car. and make decisions based on whether its a short term infatuation with civics or if you really like to f*** with your car and 'hook' it up, with quality s**t that is. As of right now there arent many bolts that are left unturned on my car =)

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99siTUNER said:
I would do like ^ said and search around about what people say about what they have on their car and go from there. IMO I wouldnt cheap out on suspension, if i was going to go cheap, id just leave it stock. Think about it, are you going to keep this car a while? if you are you might as well deal with stock for a while and save up for something quality. i thought the same thing but the suspension was one of the best things ive done to my car. it definately took away that shitty civic slop ride and it drives like I want it to now. heres what i got.

full skunk2 coilover kit (easy install, awesome quality) either that or even the omni kit. both will run you around 600 I personally got the integra spec kit, sure they are the same as 5th gen civic, but stiffer. at first it kinda sucked because it was rough, but i knew I was swapping in a B series, with a little more weight in the front, its really stiff, but a LOT more comfortable of a ride.

Got omni rear control arms (cos they look sex, and were easy to install while you got it all torn down)
rear washer trick for the rear camber, and omni (or skunk2) from camber kit. all together it ran me around 750 or so. Worth every penny and if for whatever reason I wanted to sell my car I could get SOMETHING back from it, compared to some coilovers that I personally would NEVER buy second hand. Just my .02 but I would seriously consider making a goal plan for your car. and make decisions based on whether its a short term infatuation with civics or if you really like to f*** with your car and 'hook' it up, with quality s**t that is. As of right now there arent many bolts that are left unturned on my car =)
Is not that I dont want to spend the money on suspention, is just that I want to finish the turbo set up and then do all the suspention. is just kind of confusing, so many diffrent brands and stuff. Im planning on running the d16 engine unless something real good comes alone. I will like to feel my car now the way it drives since I have never mess with suspention, then put all the goodies together and try the car again in order to feel the difrence. right now I'm just cheking my choices, and yes Im planning on keeping this baby. thanks man.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If suspension, to you, means anything more than........
I want a slight drop w/ a stock feel.
Then I'd do lots of research on peoples opinions on sway bar sizes, dampening / ride height adjustablility, and spring rates. Chassis stiffening is just extra. Another important factor that everyone forgets is rubber. Stickyness also tests your suspension capability. Look into all this. If you care about all this than I'd suggest you save up and do it right the first time, no matter the cost.