ABS Brake Question.

digvid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK here goes, I have a 95 civic EX with no ABS brake sys., and I found a wrecked civic exactly like mine exept that it has 4-wheele disc brakes and ABS.
Question #1 How hard would it be to change mine over to ABS, is it even practical ?
Question #2 If above question is out then could I at least change the rear drums for the rear disk brakes, and what would I need to change and how much do you think I should pay to the junk yard ?..............Anyone!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
question 2 is doable, all youknow to do is switch out the entire ARM...pretty simple... you can even do it yourself....

question 1 is em... i have no idea to tell you the truth, but im sure it can be done and would be worht it

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think i have ABS with my Si do i? i sure didn't have it with my EX! i left MAD skid marks. :?

digvid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Evidently the person with the wrecked Civic didn't realise he had them on his car =)
Maybe they will work better for me

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm, it's probably an SI and the person just didn't care to take them off.....i know i wouldn't......

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you konw, my Si doesnt have ABS, im highly dissapointed

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you sure SI dont have ABS? i would think it would since is the top civic model in the US...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

you sure SI dont have ABS? i would think it would since is the top civic model in the US...
its an option... and who ever bought my Si brand new probably decided, "hey i dont need ABS" so therefore i have no ABS

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oo boo. oh well you can live without it. at least you have disc brakes =P

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

oo boo. oh well you can live without it. at least you have disc brakes =P
lol yeah it sucks, but if i would have had them, i wouldnt have had 2 FAT ass flat spots on my last tires... but then of course i also shouldnt be speeding

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

or following so closely.....
naw i had a clear wide open lane, till this b***h pulled out in front of me doing like 10mph from the acura dealership...

oh well, i have a speeding issue

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have that same issue daniel. but i dont think my speed or an ABS system woulda played factors in my accident. that bich just pulled slap out in front of my ass and STOPPED! i am satisfied with or without ABS, i gots an Si so it don't even matter! :mrgreen:

oh, and also the lady at the insurance company lied for me and said i DO have ABS, so i would have cheaper insurance. :headbang:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

i have that same issue daniel. but i dont think my speed or an ABS system woulda played factors in my accident. that bich just pulled slap out in front of my ass and STOPPED! i am satisfied with or without ABS, i gots an Si so it don't even matter! :mrgreen:

oh, and also the lady at the insurance company lied for me and said i DO have ABS, so i would have cheaper insurance. :headbang:
brad.... i'm dissapointed.... :slap: lying is bad :?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heeey. i didn't lie, SHE did! :P

"Do you have ABS?"

"No"

"Well, we'll just say you do, so you can get a discount"

Try arguing with that! :wink: :mrgreen:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t brad, you cant beat that s**t huh...lucky bish

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
daniel, abs would have made your situation worse.......... instead of stopping and having two flat spots, your car would've slammed into the back of her car with nice round tires....remember, abs makes it harder for your car to stop.