ABS Sensor issue

Branski81

Hey guys.

Bought my 07 Si Coupe last november and have had this issue since I got it. My ABS light, brake light and VDC light have been illuminated for the last year. Cruise control works (ABS issues don't allow Subaru's to use CC), speedo works just fine but the ABS doesn't kick in. I'm looking to sell soon however this issue has to be resolved. I looked it up, my Civic VIN starts with "1", so I assumed the car is US made. I tried to swap out the wheel sensors using JDM manufactured model parts, then I realized that they are incompatible with my car. But when taking out the broken sensors initially, the plastic housing of the sensor was corroded (wisconsin winter car) into my wheel knuckle. I ended up drilling them out and putting in the JDM sensors from rock auto.

Fast forward a few months, i end up buying USDM sensors that are made for the sedan model, and put those in. however, fitment in my driver side knuckle is tight, probably could be drilled out more but i thought that my issue may have been resolved. Unfortunately not the case, still throwing all the lights. I'm looking to see if you guys have any input on what to try. I'm going to try and check the fuse today, i have the FSM already.

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to these hondas, however please don't assume i'm a novice. I have a turbocharged swapped motor, full wiring harness, drivetrain and interior swapped into my base model Subaru Impreza, so i have a decent knowledge of vehicles. My searches on the forums haven't been relatively helpful, but any new information by you experienced guys is really appreciated.

EDIT: something to note, my brake fluid reservoir is over-filled from the previous owner to compensate for the 3rd gear grind. This being overflowed I guess helps it go into gear a bit better. I have reduced the amount of fluid in the past, however this still didn't fix the light issue and also ground gears like Peter Griffin. Not sure if this is related, but I had a Subaru guy come over with a proper OBD2 reader and he confirmed that the lights on were due to Driver AND Passenger wheel speed sensors and Vehicle Speed Sensor. He read the codes with the JDM sensors in. Have not done a reading with the USDM sensors.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would buy the correct sensors for your car, install them and see what happens.
You haven't put the correct parts in and not sure why you would even try putting the incorrect parts in your car to begin with, then again, using the sedan parts, parts that don't fit your car
From what I have read and searched, the ABS sensors are different part numbers, the SI coupe vs. the sedan? Wondering why you just didn't use what the car called for maybe all of this could have been avoided, both time and money waste.

EDIT: something to note, my brake fluid reservoir is over-filled from the previous owner to compensate for the 3rd gear grind. This being overflowed I guess helps it go into gear a bit better.
This sounds ridiculous and I call BS on it...
Can someone explain to me what one has to do with the other, what do the brakes have to do with the transmission?