AC compressor problem, sensor? please advise

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
97 EX

AC has worked fine for the past 8 months I have owned it, gave it a recharge about 4 or 5 months ago and have had no issues. Last week the air stopped blowing cold, still had freon but compressor would not kick on. My father tapped what appears to be a sensor with the end of a screwdriver and the compressor kicked on and stayed working for a few days, then it stopped again so I repeated what he did and it came back on for a few more days. Now the compressor will not kick on at all so I was wondering if anyone would know what this problem could be or could tell me what/if this is a sensor and if it is what would need replacing,

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you look in the manual to see what that part is you were touching with the screwdriver, is it indeed a sensor, if that's the case change it & that might solve your problem, I could take a pic of mine to see if they are any different.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
I don't have a manual, was hoping someone could tell me what it was since it's easy to see. the piece in the first pic is what I am referring to

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PM me your email address, I'll send you a copy of the PDF manual so you can look through it.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
so I think I finally found it,

38908-P2R-A01 006 001 PROTECTOR SET, THERMAL

seems to be a common problem from what I have searched

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pm me you email, I'll send you the manual PDF so you can see all the parts involved, it may help.