AC/Heat Blower not work, ideas?

cyber0ne

When I first towed the car home I tested the heat and blower worked fine. All 1 thru 4 turned on and no issues.
I did notice the belt for the AC was missing due to the tension pully missing. So I replaced it and put a new belt on.
Over the past few weeks I have replaced 1/2 the engine, exhaust, intake, and I have cleaned everything....

Now with the car running.... the heat/AC blower does nothing. I have replaced the switch thinking it went bad and still nothing.
I have checked the fuses, etc... and everything seems to be fine. I ran a wire off the black/blue wire to a ground and blower turns on. I have traced wires and cannot find anything loose....

Anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

RonJ

Banned
What car? The blower circuit has two fuses -- in dash and hood fuse boxes.
Check both.

Have you checked the relay?

cyber0ne

95 Civic LX

I have checked and replaced both (just for giggles).....

Not the issue. Like I said both wires going to the blower motor are getting power when the car is running....and I was able to ground the black/blue wire to run the blower at high..... if the fuse was blown none of that would work.

cyber0ne

Is there some control besides the switch on the dash that I need to look at?

RonJ

Banned
If the Blu/Blk wire in the blower motor plug has voltage, then the blower motor ground wire is bad.

cyber0ne

Thanks RonJ!

Found the black wire on the back of the switch (ground) was not grounding right. Ran a new wire off it and created a new ground and works great!

Now to wondering if the AC even works........ starting to wonder what I got in to with this car!