AC noise

hciv1472

Hi everyone, Chris here. I have a 18’ hatchback sport, automatic. Ive been to the dealership about 8 times for my AC making a whistling/fluttering type noise only when the AC is on and gets louder as the rpm’s increase. So far they did a evac and recharge, replaced the compressor and replaced the expansion valve and it still make the noise, in fact, now the ac is making a swooshing noise when you first turn the ac on! Now a Honda field engineer is saying this is a normal characteristic of the compressor but I sat in 3 of these cars and not one of them are making these noises! Is anybody out there having the same issues. Thank you very much everyone.

hciv1472

Hi everyone, Chris here again. I forgot to mention that if you shut the ac off but leave the fan on the noise stops. Thank you very much.

Geofrei369

Hi everyone, Chris here. I have a 18’ hatchback sport, automatic. Ive been to the dealership about 8 times for my AC making a whistling/fluttering type noise only when the AC is on and gets louder as the rpm’s increase. So far they did a evac and recharge, replaced the compressor and replaced the expansion valve and it still make the noise, in fact, now the ac is making a swooshing noise when you first turn the ac on! Now a Honda field engineer is saying this is a normal characteristic of the compressor but I sat in 3 of these cars and not one of them are making these noises! Is anybody out there having the same issues. Thank you very much everyone.[
Have the same issue here on my 2017 sport hatchback

Xpcivic

Hi there I had the same issue with my 2018 Honda Civic. Did the same thing you did they change the same parts in my car and the noise is still there. Honda pretty much denies any noises being unusual. At this point I'm considering a legal actions against Honda.

alex98

Are there any technical service bulletins regarding this issue? Chances are you're not the only one.