AC not working 2010 Civic

VocalFrye

As I turned on my A/C for the first hot days a few months ago I noticed I was only getting hot air blowing out the vents.

I took it to a shop to see if I needed a recharge or if something more serious was wrong. They told me there was no refrigerant and that there was most likely a leak.

So, being the amateur DIY'er that I am, I bought an A/C Pro (R-134a) A/C Recharge Kit, the one with the sealant additive to hopefully seal up the leak. I recharged the A/C and got the cold air blowing again.

However, now the A/C will only work for a little bit and then the air goes hot again. I am able to get cool (not cold) air after the car has been off for awhile but it only lasts for about 15 minutes before the hot air comes back.

Did I overcharge the A/C? Iced over evaporator? The cabin air filter is brand new. Any thoughts???

tomh1979

As I turned on my A/C for the first hot days a few months ago I noticed I was only getting hot air blowing out the vents.

I took it to a shop to see if I needed a recharge or if something more serious was wrong. They told me there was no refrigerant and that there was most likely a leak.

So, being the amateur DIY'er that I am, I bought an A/C Pro (R-134a) A/C Recharge Kit, the one with the sealant additive to hopefully seal up the leak. I recharged the A/C and got the cold air blowing again.

However, now the A/C will only work for a little bit and then the air goes hot again. I am able to get cool (not cold) air after the car has been off for awhile but it only lasts for about 15 minutes before the hot air comes back.

Did I overcharge the A/C? Iced over evaporator? The cabin air filter is brand new. Any thoughts???
Something you can try is replacing the a/c relay, they're relatively cheap and are highly common easy fix for non working a/c for 8th gen civics.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Drakon543

when i had my 08 lx i had 2 issues with the a/c. same as yours it ran out of refrigerant and at a certain rpm the car shuts off the a/c to save power but mine would never re-engage. as far as the refrigerant goes i had to get mine properly purged and filled the diy cans didnt work. as for the other problem i found several articles that referenced the ecm or something needed to be reprogrammed. not sure i never had that part fixed following year the issue didnt come back.