AC Not working, Smoke inside hood with weird sound and AC no more working

umer farooq

My car was running perfectly fine but i use to have noise when turning on the AC in the start and after some driving it use to go away.
Car AC was cooling perfectly fine but with some whining noise when car was started in morning or night .

Today while i was sitting in the car with AC turned on and the car was stopped . As soon as i drive a weird noise came like if some wire is stuck within the car and after some time white smoke came out from the Hood and the AC stopped working .

I am not sure what is the issue , its the clutch , Coils or the Compressor .

can some one let me know

umer farooq

Inspect the A/C compressor belt.

Its the Serpentine belt ,I believe no seprate belt for the AC compressor .

The car is working perfect without turning on the AC .
Now if i turn on the AC nothing happens ,no compressor turns on with sound of AC

umer farooq

The Compressor Pully where belt is moving seemed to be kinda jammed ,its not moving ,this is by far the best i can i can check myself .

the Stupid mechanics are saying different different things which are not relating to each others so i joined club civic today .

Is there any reason that Compressor is Dead ? I want to know how ,it was doing the perfect cooling before .

its an expensive thing to replace too

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
What yr? Mileage? Need some more info to help further

Sent from my boujea ass phone

umer farooq

one of mechanic said its Jammed not moving freely .

My car is driving smoothly without the AC as im using it still , however if i put on the AC button nothing happens for sure ,no sound and compressor noise .
Is it safe to drive in this situation ?????

umer farooq

Diagnose and fix the problem. Otherwise, there will be larger problems down the line.
The mechanic said that the AC compressor is damaged . Its Damaged . He mentioned something is Jammed and not moving .

No Clutch replace and No Coil Replace . he asked to change compressor .

I need to ask why ??? is he lying bcoz how can a compressor be damaged so easily .