ac..

kdawg97ex

5+ Year Member
alright i got a nother question for u all i turn my ac on and its cold when im driving but when its at idle it idles funny and then no more cold air but once i start goin after a second it comess back on does n e one know what this might be?

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I got kind of the same problem here

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the ac compressor runns with a pump wich is powered by the engine, when the engine isnt really "reving" it cant reall pump it. you can also try recharging your ac unit

kdawg97ex

5+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
the ac compressor runns with a pump wich is powered by the engine, when the engine isnt really "reving" it cant reall pump it. you can also try recharging your ac unit
yea it was just recharges some one was telling me there is a switch to keep the rpm higher when ac is on could that be broke maybe?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no the motor automatically adjusts when a higher load is pushed on it, aka a/c. you could raise the idle manually tho.

kdawg97ex

5+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
no the motor automatically adjusts when a higher load is pushed on it, aka a/c. you could raise the idle manually tho.
so why does it idle hella funny when i put the ac on and then the ac turns off or it stops working till i start to go .and it idles fine??

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kdawg97ex said:
so why does it idle hella funny when i put the ac on and then the ac turns off or it stops working till i start to go .and it idles fine??
because the a/c compressor is putting a load on the engine (which is pretty bad on my b16) its common and of course your going to have warmer air at idle compared to 3k when its actually got some rpms for the compressor, everything you explained isn't uncommon so don't worry about it, (and your air will be colder on recirculation btw)

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kdawg97ex said:
it pulses right... mine too....

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kdawg97ex said:
i guess my question is why does the ac not work when im at idle?
then they possibly didnt' charge it right or its not at correct pressure, cause mine sitting at idle isn't as cold as when i'm driving BUT its still decent enough to cool off my car while i let it warm up

kdawg97ex

5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
then they possibly didnt' charge it right or its not at correct pressure, cause mine sitting at idle isn't as cold as when i'm driving BUT its still decent enough to cool off my car while i let it warm up
well at idle mine puleses for a minute then its like the ac disengages for a few minutes then tryes to come back on while im at idle once its disengages my idle is back to normal