Adding GPS?

Chip

5+ Year Member
Hi there. I am new to the forum. I just bought an 08 Honda Civic Hybrid without navigation. I want to add a navigation touch screen system. I also want to be able to have a rear view camera and Ipod (for my Iphone 3G) connectivity kit (where I can control the songs with the receiver). Can this be done? Are there any threads w/ instructions about this? Also, what units do you recommend?

So far, I have looked at the Pioneer AVIC-Z3. Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance and I hope to learn mroe about my new Civic here!

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get the avic z3...u wont regret it....

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your wallet will hurt but the z3 is amazing.

welcome, btw. and enjoy your stay!

Chip

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the swift reply guys. Now, I did not get the factory navigation, can I still install this unit? Also, are there any instructions available here for the install or is it too hard and then should I get it done by a shop?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I believe for 8th Gen's you will need the dash trim kit in order to install it.

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pretty sure they have instructions for the install with the unit...

but if you are not too inclined on generic instructions then you can purchase it from crutchfield for a premium and it will include step by step instructions specifically for your car...

overall the hard part is probably removing your dash (8th gen dashes looks like a nightmare to disassemble)

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you're really uncomfortable with the install process, usually an electronics store like best buy, circuit, or tweeter could do it. it'll be more pricey but those places generally guarantee their work.

the lack of a factory nav option shouldn't effect the usage of any aftermarket nav package.