Adjusting HIDs after a retrofit

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did a retrofit on my headlights today. But when it came to adjusting them, the cutoff stayed the same. Didn't do anything. Am I missing something? Does anyone know how to set the cutoff in the center like it suppose to be? Thanks.

Cutoff on the passenger side goes down.

dethseeker90

5+ Year Member
I would just assume that the actual projector glass is slightly crooked. I've never done it myself but congratz. I've been wanted to do a single beam projector retrofit for awhile just never got around to buying parts for it. Just check the placement of the projector glass it may possibly be slight misaligned and goodluck

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is how I adjusted mine horizontally:

But you can't turn them too much since the H4 adapter plate in the back locks it in place. But they do have a TINY bit of room to turn. Just make sure that locking nut on the back is tight so it holds the place setting.

My cut off wasn't as diagonal as yours so I only had to turn a little bit. So be very careful. If you can't get it horizontal, I would contact TRS.

Last edited:

kid2006

definitely crooked projectors. try using some polyurethane glue to make them sit still on the chrome. after you adjusted them of course.