advice on rebuilding my engine

99SiTR

5+ Year Member
Well my car is down again,.......... i spun two bearings. I was wondering if it is ok to rebuild the same head or better to buy a knew one. I was told if i use the same head within time it will start to smoke and knock. Does any one know if this is true or not? And any advise about the rebuild itself would be helpful thanks.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump for you.. just to be clear is this your stock b16?

xzodiackillerx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the head is trash send it to me so I can destroy is properly....

post pics of the damage so I can let you know if it is rebuildable

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey you spun two? i was lucky enough to only spin one. I got mine rebuilt. it got borded to like a 1.9 and i threw some oversized ctr pistons in so far im good..6xx miles good.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends how bad it is internally....pics

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you only spun a bearing, your head should be good. you need to have the rod's recondidioned, the crank recut, and the block needs to be done

99SiTR

5+ Year Member
sky9 said:
how did this happen?
I think by reving too high......not sur though.This whole time i had been on an si ecu and shifing out at 8k according to my stock tach. Well i drove 2 1/2 hours to get my obd1 ecu chipped for my car, with a two step rev limiter, vtec enagement at 5200 and rev limiter at 9k with my check engine light as a shift light to blink at 8400 to let me know when to shift. But for some reason on my car once my tach would hit 7k it would jusy go back to 0 and stay there so i had to depend on the enginge light as a shift light and that very same day my car fu@#ed up! :what:

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like you shouldnt have been driving it so hard without proper equipment

99SiTR

5+ Year Member
Well i was told today that my block is rebuildable, now i just don't know if i should build it back stock or raise the compression or lower if for spray or boost. Any suggestions?