advice on which is the best clutch to get 4 my civic.

JonyBoy

My VTEC goes whaoooo
i have a 1998 civic ex with a 5spd tranny and i need to replace my clutch soon. but i don't know which would be the best one to get for my civic. any advice would be great. thanks guys.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if youre barely starting out with mods or have failed to get any so far, id go with an Exedy stage 1 clutch kit.
thing is a beauty! i had it on my ej6 and it was awesome compared to oem. its a great starter clutch
fot those who havent heavily modified their civic yet.

JonyBoy

My VTEC goes whaoooo
well i have a couple mods but not too serious. just have my headers, catback exhaust, cold air intake, & pulleys. i had friend who told me to get a stage 2 clutch with a six puck. would that be better, or the one you recommended?

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ my suggestion will save you $$$ but,
if ya got tha dolla billz to drop on dat beezy, then go right ahead lol
stage 2 w/6 puck is gonna be pretty damn smooth so id go for it. youre little civic will kick

JonyBoy

My VTEC goes whaoooo
thanks a lot, im pretty sure im gonna get the stage 2 6 puck since i got some extra cash on the side. so exedy would be the best way to go then?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever you get. Make sure its sprung. And if you using your oem flywheel, make sure to get it resurfaced.

JonyBoy

My VTEC goes whaoooo
fosho. thanks guys.
well i was thinking of replacing the flywheel too since im replacing the clutch. mind as well get both done and not spend double the money for getting my tranny dropped to replace it later on.

pumafeet10

5+ Year Member
you can't go wrong with anything from comp clutch, clutchmasters, or spec, and like others have said something like a stage 2 from those would suit you well