aem cold air intake water bypass thingy...

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey..I just put my aem cold air intake on today. I didn't order the water bypass thing though. I was just wondering....is it really necessary?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not really necessary unless u live somewhere where it floods a lot, or if u drive in like 2 ft. of water often. it's just a safety precaution, in case yur car does go down in deep water, so yur intake doesn't suck water into yur motor. it's supposed be put at the top of the induction tube, at the actual intake. anyone, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong... :D

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its only really needed if you plan on driving through lakes. you wont need it for your average rain or wet roads...so unless you live somewhere where it floods a lot, or you like driving through lakes...dont worry about it.

Az2k1civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live in Phoenix, AZ where the avg rainfall is like 12 inches a year but I still put the bypass on mine. When it rains here it has a tendancy to flood also...I was told to put mine at least 12" from the throttle body. Now when it rains I have no worries when I hit puddles.

I put mine on just in case and it only took 10 min to install

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
should one be driving in the winter (-25 or lower) with a cai????

i have heard that the air can be too cold for the engine...

is this true???

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
someone answer this question...i'm curious too...