AEM short ram intake

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AEM is on its way.

How hard is to install it on 99 ex coupe ? Does AEM include manual on how to do the install ?

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never done a intake install but it shouldn't be too hard. I believe they include instructions on how to do it yourself. It shouldn't take you more than an hour or so. Why do you want to get a ram-air instead of cold-air?

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool

thanks for input
I should be getting it today, so I will give it a try this weekend hoepfuly

thanks again

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You gotta take the bumper off to take the stock airbox off. Other than that, it's very easy, just take off the stock pipe and bolt on the new one. Make sure the filter's properly oiled before you run it.

ITRxCiViCxRcRx64

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man wutsup.. i gota AEM Cold Air intake.. and all i had to do was take off the airbox.. strap the intake on the throttle body and take off the bumper to adjust the filter so it would fit right in.. but other then that it should be really easy.. LIke an hour.. but i don't think u need to take off the bumber to take off the airbox.. but i gota LX.. so i could be wrong..

Martin

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you really have to take off the bumper? maybe on a civic hatchback is different because i didnt have to....

once you get everything stock taking off, putting the new intake is a piece of cake (especially since is a short ram) it should take you like 15 mins after

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Installing anykind of intake ram is freakin EASY!....should only take 5mins of the short ram and a but longer for the cold air.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BioFreak69--did you take out the wheel well shields to get the filter in there?