Aem Stand Alone Fuel Management System

rcya2

5+ Year Member
Ok so i put a jdm itr swap in my 97 hx coupe and still havent got it running right still throwing the o2 code 41 and i replaced the o2 still throwing it so i checked the ecu and it fried something in the computer but i replaced the computer...still throwing the code and i wonder if its the wiring...anyways i blew my lsd out so i have to pull my tranny and get that fixed...but does anyone know if a aem stand alone fuel management system will make a nice difference????? i wanna know what the results will be like and stuff... right now with the blown lsd and the car running super rich it ran a 14.4 on bald radial tires but i really think it can do better. so if anyone has some suggestions on what to do the only mods i have is a chipped ecu and a j's racing intake anyone feel free to message me on what i could do and no i dont want to turbo it

vspec sir

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rcya2 said:
Ok so i put a jdm itr swap in my 97 hx coupe and still havent got it running right still throwing the o2 code 41 and i replaced the o2 still throwing it so i checked the ecu and it fried something in the computer but i replaced the computer...still throwing the code and i wonder if its the wiring...anyways i blew my lsd out so i have to pull my tranny and get that fixed...but does anyone know if a aem stand alone fuel management system will make a nice difference????? i wanna know what the results will be like and stuff... right now with the blown lsd and the car running super rich it ran a 14.4 on bald radial tires but i really think it can do better. so if anyone has some suggestions on what to do the only mods i have is a chipped ecu and a j's racing intake anyone feel free to message me on what i could do and no i dont want to turbo it
adding an AEM EMS with your current list of mods is really a waste of money. If you already replaced the computer, and it's still throwing the code your ECU is obviously still good. You replaced your O2 sensor with an OEM sensor or a universal sensor ? If you did use a universal sensor double check your wiring

rcya2

5+ Year Member
well ya i mean i know right now it would be a waste but im going to get jun stage 3 cams then im going to build the motor...and ya i used a universal o2 sensor im just afraid if i change it around ill fry this computer too...