After market rev limiter onto B16A1 OBD0?

BONNARSKI

Weird question and i know what the answer will be but here goes lol.

My 91' CRX B16A1 has has the chipped and for some mad reason a previous owner has taken the limiter off.
It has a limiter when the car is not moving but on the go theres nothing. i found this out the hard way on a very rainy day on a corner on a hill when the car started to spin and i wasn't watching the revs so it went off the clock and broke the bottom od the pist at the guggon pin, broke one valve and bent afew while also getting metal into every cyclinder and wrecking the combustion chamber for each cylinder.

But enough of that .....

The guy that does my mapping is a hard man to get to start work so this is my idea until such times as he starts so please don't suggest getting it mapped again. He does mine for free and also maps my BMW's too for free lol.

Is it possible to fit an after market rev limiter to an OBD0 B16A1?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
What was it chipped with before? Which software? The only softwares I am aware of for OBD0 were Zdyne and Turboedit and they are OLDSCHOOL.

Convert to OBD1, and save yourself a lot of headaches.

OR

If your engine is mostly stock, just find a virgin ECU and run it off that.

BONNARSKI

Thanks for your reply lad.

I have no idea about the ECU mods as thats the way i bought the car lol.

The engine is standard except for cams, exhaust and filter but i am planning a full exhaust, proper induction kit, vernier pulleys, uprated fuel pump and FPR, probably more but can't remember lol.

So for those reasons a standard ecu would do for a while. I was considering going OBD1 but never got around to it. Seems like a good idea.