aftermarket exhaust questions...

wsar10

My son is interested in doing some exhaust work to his Civic. It is an automatic, which limits us in terms of sound. Being an auto we are looking (of course mixing with other mods) for a bit of performance or just making it breathe a little better. However, we are looking for QUIET performance.

Looking for insight or suggestions and info on the before mentioned.
Sure we can throw 2" piping and a some type of muffler like many do locally, but they sound horrible being an automatic... We just want it to sound good and work good.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

kcschemm

My son is interested in doing some exhaust work to his Civic. It is an automatic, which limits us in terms of sound. Being an auto we are looking (of course mixing with other mods) for a bit of performance or just making it breathe a little better. However, we are looking for QUIET performance.

Looking for insight or suggestions and info on the before mentioned.
Sure we can throw 2" piping and a some type of muffler like many do locally, but they sound horrible being an automatic... We just want it to sound good and work good.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys!
Vibrant makes a great sounding muffler in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sure we can throw 2" piping and a some type of muffler like many do locally, but they sound horrible being an automatic.!
Do that but get an OEM RSX Type S muffler or 06+Civic Si muffler.

wsar10

Do that but get an OEM RSX Type S muffler or 06+Civic Si muffler.
Thats good info! Exactly the type of thing we are looking for. Is this direct replacement? Or will it require fabbing a new hanger?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have an OEM 02 RSX Type S muffler if you're interested... I am in NY though.